Main > The Armoury

Help on Gothic Harness!

<< < (10/24) > >>

Sir Wolf:
Joshua, what is your spending limit. I am getting what style you like etc but i have some other links etc i want you to look at. but let me know your cap and i'll put together some info for you

Joshua Santana:
I am seeking to spend around $3,000 to $5,000 or even $2,000 minimum.  This leaves with the choices of Merc's Tailors or Ice Falcon Armory after comparing the full harness prices from both armories.  (And Thank You Sir Wolf!  I hugely appreciate you're help)

Thorsteinn:
Go with Duke Andreas Icefalke.

(Yes this is a vote for a fellow member of the SCA war unit Tribe RotMahne)

Joshua Santana:
Post Update:  Last night was my first time training in the German Medieval Martial Arts via SIGMA (Staten Island German Martial Arts).  It was a blast and had some good feedback from both instructors in terms of what armories to purchase my harness.

They gave approval of Ice Falcon Armory, which is a good thing for me and for RauttSkegg! ;)

I also have checked with Andre Sinou in terms of customizations for armor.  I received his email confirming it and now have the potential to order a full German Gothic Suit (with flutting!) or a full 15th Century Italian Harness w/an Armet Helmet!

Now the real and (hopefully) final question is this:  Which would be more appropriate since I am training in German Medieval Martial Arts, a Full 15th Century German Gothic Harness or a Full 15th Century Italian/Milanese Harness?

Visual Examples should help a bit.

Late 15th Century High German Gothic Harness

15th Century Milanese Harness

SirNathanQ:
Since the most comprehensive sources seem to come from Germany, I'd go with the Gothic Myself.

Also, we're seeing lots of shiney bits, but I hope to God that you're assembling or already have appropriate things to wear under it.   ;)

Even the best-made plate is gonna suck without a decent arming doublet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version