Main > The Armoury

Help on Gothic Harness!

<< < (9/24) > >>

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2011-05-13, 17:27:10 ---Your previous post (above my earlier post) takes up a lot of space on my screen and its all blank, hence the question.

--- End quote ---

The images are probably getting blocked by your job's filter or something. It's photos of some very pretty harnesses.

Joshua Santana:

--- Quote ---It's photos of some very pretty harnesses.
--- End quote ---

That is true, the first harness is 16th Century with a Close Helm, gorgeous.

The second one is with a 15th Century Italian Harness with a Great Bascinet, simply amazing.

After looking at the second one, now it seems I have the prototype for the Italian Harness with the choice of three Helmets

The first one

(Anshelm Arms and Armor)

The Second one

(Ice Falcon Armory, Jousting Armet)

Examples of an armet similar to the given one are here

The Third one

(GDFB Venetian Sallet and Bevor via Therion Arms)

Here are two examples I can find of Italian Harnesses

I am still going with the direction of 15th Century Italian Harnesses.  I am more inclined to order the Great Bascinet but at the same time I feel that getting the Armet would make it better.  Once again, I will reserve judgment until approval for either one of these helmets from you brethren or Das Bill.  Advice or recommendation are always welcome.

It is quite interesting, I mean with three helmets up for judgement and Merc's Tailors for the body armor.  This harness will look historically awesome!

Sir Wolf:
i have the sallet. while it is ok for a cheaper sallet, i would not get it for one of your pretty harnesses. it has some flaws that are kinda off as far as use and historical use is concerned. thus i havent used it yet for my LH purposes.

Joshua Santana:
I have also figured that the sallet wouldn't work at all.  So that is out.

Sop that leaves me with the Grand Bascinet and the Armet.

As a matter of fact I have decided what helmet.  It is the Grand Bascinet from Anshelm Arms and Armor.

So here is the revised 15th Century Italian Harness, open for judgement

Sabatons from Anshelm Arms and Armor

That should do it.

Joshua Santana:
If there is an alternative to Merc's Tailors if the prototype harness is still inaccurate.

What about Ice Falcon Armory, anything good or bad about the armor made there?
(another reason is that it is closer to where I live in NJ)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version