Main > The Armoury

New Year, New Kits

<< < (9/13) > >>

Sir Robert:
I have thought of boiling some parts as it makes them more rigid. The down side of that is that you need to make the moulds first, but I think the overall look is worth it, it will just take longer.

I did buy copper rivets for this project as well but have not settled on a final design yet. I do really like this srt though (below) so I think it will be based on this.

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Joshua Santana on 2011-04-26, 17:36:07 ---Then I looked at Mercenary Tailors on there munition armor, I felt more confident because it's close and the picing would fit in my budget!  (also i can design it to have the gothic look without the flutting)

So, Mercenary Tailors it is, any suggestions are welcome!
(I will post pictures of the harness after ordering)

--- End quote ---

Merc's Tailor is an excellent choice because Allan won't string you along indefinitely like a lot of other armorers would. When you order from him, you'll get what you paid for, and it will be solid. I think you'll enjoy your armor greatly!

Sir Brian:
I most emphatically agree with Sir Edward! Allan is the epitome of a master craftsman which is only surpassed by his integrity and I'm not just saying that because nearly all of my plate pieces are from him!  ;)

Sir William:
As do I...in fact, all of my plate armor is MT-made...purchased over the last couple of years.  Currently I have the gorget w/detachable spaulders, splinted vambraces and greaves...I had the plate vambraces and greaves before that and am sorry I sold them as they would've been perfect for this next kit I'm putting together.  Ah well...anyway, like Sirs Edward and Brian have said, he's a master craftsman who understands the importance of quality work AND customer service.  These days, it seems difficult to find both in one craftsman.

Sir James A:
I have a set of cased greaves, a breast and back, and cased vambraces on order at MercTailor. Once those are in to complete my 14th cent kit, I'll take pictures of it. He has been great to work with so far, and I plan to get many more pieces from him in the next few years.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version