Main > The Armoury

New Year, New Kits

<< < (10/13) > >>

Lord Dane:

--- Quote from: Sir Robert on 2011-04-25, 21:04:20 ---Its nice- but then again its made for me, its almost double in weight from my current harmess though, I was a bit suprised by that. Sorry about the pics, I really compressed them to save bandwidth, I get some pictures that better show it off.

I am soon starting on another kit- this next one will be leather, a new material for me as armor. Thanks to everyone for your encouragement.

--- End quote ---

Little late but outstanding craftsmanship, Sir Robert. :) :) Love the style you created for your kit. Nothing wrong with admonishment as your skill is apparent. Well-done & well-crafted Sir!! Hope we meet in near future.

Sir Robert:
Well its another year...

This year I am currently building a new kit for my squire, and not as far along as I would like, but still....

So his kit will be limited to Gorget, Cuirass, fauld, buff arming coat, pauldron, rerebrace,vembrace, tassets, and maybe cuisse, so all in all 3/4 armor.

My target will be flexibility, weight, and ease of wearing, he is only 12, but nearly my height already, surly not his last set of armor.

As it progresses I will share pictures. I only have the Gorget, and Curass formed out right now and have to go looking for some brass....

Sir James A:
Sir Robert, looking forward to seeing it

Joshua Santana:
With this new year, I also am resolved to get my Kit finally underway this year.

Type: 14th Century, Crecy-Poitiers Era. 

Helmet: Houndskull Bascinet (yes I am joining Sirs Ian and Nathan and maybe making the Three Houndskulls  ;)) with aventail.
Spaulders
Churburg Breastplate without stop rib.  Type #14.
14th Century Arms and Legs.
Hourglass Gauntlets
Frontal Greaves (or Crecy Schybalds as seen on Anshelm Arms)
Sabatons. 
Bonus: Pembridge Great Helm. 

That is it and I am getting 60% of the items from Mad Matt's, three from Therion which not only fits into my personal budget and could be completed by the end of this year. 

Soft Kit: Gambeson, Pourpoint, Hose Pants, Shirt, Medieval Shoes (either buckled or tied) Revival Clothing or maybe Fuhlen Designs.

So that's it. Enough of me and my wild schemes, I finally found it!  Ah the relief to know thsi will happen.   ;D

Sir Wolf:
i'll be updating missing pieces from my WW1 german kit. that maybe it, not sure. i have a roman group that wants me to hang w/ them so i need to degalvinize my hamata, make a new shield and shrink my belts down so they fit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version