Main > The Armoury

New Year, New Kits

<< < (8/13) > >>

Sir William:
Are you kidding me?  I'd be bragging on a mountaintop!  What a superb example of fine craftsmanship...I imagine it wears as well as it looks right?

Sir Robert:
Its nice- but then again its made for me, its almost double in weight from my current harmess though, I was a bit suprised by that. Sorry about the pics, I really compressed them to save bandwidth, I get some pictures that better show it off.

I am soon starting on another kit- this next one will be leather, a new material for me as armor. Thanks to everyone for your encouragement.

Thorsteinn:
I'm on the left, but with the speed of digital cameras I cannot tell you if I'm fighting or teaching.

What I have left to add soonest are winnegas, pants to hide the legs, and an aventail. After that are the hidden arms, fighting tunic, a center-grip round, and better gauntlets.

Edit: I am wearing some Jorvik 2 toggle boots from Bohemond Boots & I love them. My helm is Windrose is a MTO Norman, My knee cops are Rough From the Hammer, Basket hilt in 2nd shot is a Windrose, my bazubands are from Skaldic.com, and the gauntlets in the first pic are early West Coast Armoury ones. I made the shield, sword/axe, lamellar, soon-to-be-hidden cuisses, and gambeseon.

-Ivan

Sir William:
Stormdelver, about that leather armor...are you going for the boiled in wax method or shaping and forming pieces via rivets and such?

Joshua Santana:
Sir Stormdelver, you amaze me with your harness! 
It is a great example of the beauty of gothic style!

This year (in relation to this post) I have decided as to where to get my harness.

Originally I planned on getting me Gothic Harness from Illusion Armoring, but there was one problem.
(money to get the plane ticket to washington state!) (also I don't have my exact measurements made yet, but it's in the work)

Then I looked at Mercenary Tailors on there munition armor, I felt more confident because it's close and the picing would fit in my budget!  (also i can design it to have the gothic look without the flutting)

So, Mercenary Tailors it is, any suggestions are welcome!
(I will post pictures of the harness after ordering)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version