"Do not be tricked into thinking that there are no crocodiles just because the water is still."
                -- Malaysian Proverb

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Round Table / Re: Pursuing the Knightly Arts
« Last post by jason77 on 2017-07-12, 21:19:58 »
OK. I'm not involved with Facebook so I guess I miss all the hub bub.
The Courtyard / Re: So how goes your training? Can you inspire me
« Last post by Naythan on 2017-07-12, 15:20:34 »
Look at your man, now back to me, now back at your man, now back to me.  ;)
You have been one of the people to motivate me, so maybe that will motivate you?
« Last post by Naythan on 2017-07-12, 15:16:53 »
I have seen this posted by Ian on his Facebook page. Reece Nelsens group yeah?
yes reece nelson.
Ive seen this group as well, I think no one has posted it because so many of us are active on facebook.
« Last post by jason77 on 2017-07-11, 20:32:06 »
Try this... first, watch this video:

Next turn on Two Steps From Hell and go at it:

If this doesn't help then I'm sorry to say it's hopeless. ;-)
« Last post by Lord Dane on 2017-07-11, 06:11:43 »
Who needs motivation?? Another beer please. :P
The Courtyard / So how goes your training? Can you inspire me
« Last post by Thorsteinn on 2017-07-07, 16:39:26 »
Guys Massachusetts is good at robbing me of motivation to train (it's like 2 steps forward 1 step back here) so I'm hoping to be inspired. I am not 1lb lighter despite my attempts to start a program up here. Got anything to motivate me? How goes your training?
« Last post by Thorsteinn on 2017-07-06, 15:03:30 »
I have seen this posted by Ian on his Facebook page. Reece Nelsens group yeah?
The Round Table / Pursuing the Knightly Arts
« Last post by jason77 on 2017-06-28, 04:08:17 »
I haven't noticed anyone else post this yet so I want to share a new YT channel devoted to Harnischfechten. The channel is being produced by a couple of guys from the Medieval Swordsman Guild of Kansas City. They have produced three videos thus far and I'm looking forward to their future videos. My only complaint is that I hope they acquire a better video camera. Otherwise a solid production by a couple of solid guys in the HEMA scene.

The Library / Ford & Sterling from Leverage. Knightly?
« Last post by Thorsteinn on 2017-06-05, 23:33:50 »
James Sterling & Nate Ford from the show Leverage. Knights? Knightly? I am going to say yes because they have a code, live by it, fight for what is right, and are willing to sacrifice to get where they need to be. THey also seem like 2 halves of he same coin.

"Sometimes bad guys are the only good guys you get."

"People like that…corporations like that, they have all the money, they have all the power, and they use it to make people like you go away. Right now, you're suffering under an enormous weight. We provide…Leverage."

Mick Rory, aka "Heat Wave", from Legends of Tomorrow is a study to me in how a very bad man can still be a hero subjectively if one looks at it as attaining common goals using mostly common methods, even if your motivations are rather a bit different. Though I am not sure if he can be said to be knightly. Thoughts?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10