Main > The Round Table

Brian Price / Chivalry Bookshelf / Revival controversy

<< < (2/9) > >>

Sir Edward:

Brian Price himself also has chimed in on page 3 as well, and others have rebutted. Wow. This is nuts.

As much as I don't want to give him any business, I will personally make one exception in that I would still recommend for people to buy "In Service of the Duke" from Christian Tobler. It's the only way to get a full-color reproduction of a historical combat manuscript, and it is beautifully made. The price-tag is huge, yes, but it's worth it as an heirloom quality collectible. Since there is no alternative, I still encourage people to get this if they can, and if they can swallow putting some money in Mr Price's pockets.

Sir James A:
I have a copy of TOMAR, and it's a great resource. I don't have any direct interactions with him, and it's sad to see the reality come out. Seems like at least half of the normally praised armorers in the last few years have either lost their morals or have gone under. I was waiting patiently for his 15th century book, which has been almost as long in the making as Duke Nukem Forever.

Sir Edward:

Wow, someone just added an accusation of plagiarism to the thread too:

http://forums.armourarchive.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1923225#1923225

Man, I certainly take no pleasure in seeing people's disgraces and problems, but I think it's important that all of this gets aired into the open. Criminal and unethical behavior should not be left unchallenged, even if that action is only to make others aware so they don't fall into his trap.

Sir Rodney:

--- Quote from: RauttSkegg on 2011-02-18, 18:23:19 ---I really didn't mean to start all this. All I was looking for was a few ideas for where to spend a B&N giftcard.

-Ivan

--- End quote ---

Ivan,

I think you have unwittingly done a service to hundreds, maybe thousands, of people. ;)

Thorsteinn:

--- Quote from: Rodney on 2011-02-21, 19:15:05 ---Ivan,

I think you have unwittingly done a service to hundreds, maybe thousands, of people. ;)

--- End quote ---

Yes but reading that thread is like watching a car crash; you know something aweful is gonna happen but you just cant turn away.

BTW am I the only one to notice that the behavior Mr Price is showing and the ideals held up in the (very good) Book Of The Tournament that he wrote are just a wee bit dissimilar?

-Ivan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version