Main > The Round Table

Brian Price / Chivalry Bookshelf / Revival controversy

<< < (9/9)

Joshua Santana:
I am relieved that talbot is re-selling the books guilt free.

My take on this is Brian Price: "good teacher, bad business man" (This also has happened in the Martial Arts Community)

It's really a shame, but the good news is that Colin Hatcher one of Price's top students has recently been accepted as the new President of SSG.  It seems the school will be better of without Price.

Sir Edward:

Just a little update on this. The thread over on the AA has been locked, so no new updates will be forthcoming there.

The wikipedia page has been renamed, and someone attempted to delete the whole "controversies" section, but it's been re-added within the last few days.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_R._Price

Thorsteinn:
As the instigator of all that I wonder what the final result will end up being.

-Ivan

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: RauttSkegg on 2011-05-24, 08:06:53 ---As the instigator of all that I wonder what the final result will end up being.

-Ivan

--- End quote ---

Even if the final result is nothing, the intermediate result of saving potentially hundreds of people from supporting unchivalrous business practices, and from having property returned to it's rightful owners, and those authors producing more materials for us through a credible source - it's been a win-win for everyone except Brian Price thus far - and that includes people who would have never seen any benefit, such as the Wounded Warriors donations.

Joshua Santana:

--- Quote ---Even if the final result is nothing, the intermediate result of saving potentially hundreds of people from supporting unchivalrous business practices, and from having property returned to it's rightful owners, and those authors producing more materials for us through a credible source - it's been a win-win for everyone except Brian Price thus far - and that includes people who would have never seen any benefit, such as the Wounded Warriors donations.
--- End quote ---

I agree with you on that.  And as previously stated, Schola Saint George has a new Board of Directors headed by Colin Hatcher.  I am confident that the future of Schola Saint George is in good hands. 

In terms of Revival US, if Hatcher would to take over the company and get it back on it's feet in terms of paying due royalties and providing real customer satisfaction (the same goes for Chivalry Bookshelf), that would be the day I would raid both companies with massive orders of armour, books and equipment.  Until that day, all hands to other safe vendors.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version