Main > The Round Table

Reconstructed Knight's Face

<< < (2/4) > >>

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2014-03-13, 13:06:39 ---
--- Quote from: Lord Rodney on 2014-03-13, 02:26:22 ---This line did raise my blood pressure a bit (emphasis mine).

--- Quote ---'He was a very strong and fit nobleman, with the physique of a professional rugby player, who would have been trained since boyhood to handle heavy swords and other weapons and who would have spent a great deal of time on horseback.'
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

What? They didn't weigh 20 lbs? :)

--- End quote ---

If they weren't heavy enough they could never cut through 12" doors with steel braces, or cut through tanks with them. Something like that.

Sir William:
Almost looks like Sir Ian!  lol

I find 'heavy' to be relative...to a 'daily mail reporter' 4lbs could be considered heavy.  Early 14th C would have seen the bigger war swords on the field, so it wouldn't be off the wall.  Of course, they probably meant 20 lbs...lol

Sir Douglas:
Always love forensic reconstruction of historic individuals. In a way, it's also a little spooky, especially the exceptionally life-like ones.

Also, leave it to us to immediately notice the "heavy sword" faux pas. ;D

Sir Nate:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2014-03-13, 19:27:49 ---Almost looks like Sir Ian!  lol

I find 'heavy' to be relative...to a 'daily mail reporter' 4lbs could be considered heavy.  Early 14th C would have seen the bigger war swords on the field, so it wouldn't be off the wall.  Of course, they probably meant 20 lbs...lol

--- End quote ---

Fact: with the scabbard, the sword that was Excalibur in "Camelot" 1967 weighed in at 22 lbs.

Thorsteinn:
Wasn't this the same Knight who was killed with a Mace and they discovered his Knight status due to his back injury?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version