Main > The Round Table

Reconstructed Knight's Face

<< < (4/4)

Sir Douglas:

--- Quote from: Baron de Magnan on 2014-03-20, 03:17:38 ---Facial reconstructions have a way of making the subjects feel more human and less like a name on a page. It makes it a lot easier to connect with the history.

--- End quote ---

Absolutely this. That's why I say it's also a little spooky.

I mean, take Richard III. That's as close as we'll ever get to seeing him in person. Take everything you've read about him, heard about him, seen about him and suddenly: there he is. He steps out of legend so to speak and becomes a real man, just like you or me (well, if you or I were the King of England, I suppose :P). It's like you're face-to-face with him. It's a surreal feeling. At least for me it is.

Aiden of Oreland:

--- Quote from: DouglasTheYounger on 2014-03-20, 03:56:54 ---
--- Quote from: Baron de Magnan on 2014-03-20, 03:17:38 ---Facial reconstructions have a way of making the subjects feel more human and less like a name on a page. It makes it a lot easier to connect with the history.

--- End quote ---

Absolutely this. That's why I say it's also a little spooky.

I mean, take Richard III. That's as close as we'll ever get to seeing him in person. Take everything you've read about him, heard about him, seen about him and suddenly: there he is. He steps out of legend so to speak and becomes a real man, just like you or me (well, if you or I were the King of England, I suppose :P). It's like you're face-to-face with him. It's a surreal feeling. At least for me it is.

--- End quote ---

Imagine if someday they can figure out what you would have sounded like, now that would be spooky.

Sir Humphrey:
There is a hour long episode of "History Cold Case" about the this fellow called "Stirling Man."  You can watch in ont Youtube here: 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version