Main > The Round Table

Reconstructed Knight's Face

<< < (3/4) > >>

Sir William:

--- Quote from: Sir Nate on 2014-03-16, 00:13:36 ---
--- Quote from: Sir William on 2014-03-13, 19:27:49 ---Almost looks like Sir Ian!  lol

I find 'heavy' to be relative...to a 'daily mail reporter' 4lbs could be considered heavy.  Early 14th C would have seen the bigger war swords on the field, so it wouldn't be off the wall.  Of course, they probably meant 20 lbs...lol

--- End quote ---

Fact: with the scabbard, the sword that was Excalibur in "Camelot" 1967 weighed in at 22 lbs.

--- End quote ---

Could you cite that reference, Nate?  I'm not disbelieving, I'd just like to read it.  It is comical to us who know better but the unwashed masses had to get that idea from somewhere and it wasn't from us.

Sir Nate:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2014-03-19, 16:04:03 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Nate on 2014-03-16, 00:13:36 ---
--- Quote from: Sir William on 2014-03-13, 19:27:49 ---Almost looks like Sir Ian!  lol

I find 'heavy' to be relative...to a 'daily mail reporter' 4lbs could be considered heavy.  Early 14th C would have seen the bigger war swords on the field, so it wouldn't be off the wall.  Of course, they probably meant 20 lbs...lol

--- End quote ---

Fact: with the scabbard, the sword that was Excalibur in "Camelot" 1967 weighed in at 22 lbs.

--- End quote ---

Could you cite that reference, Nate?  I'm not disbelieving, I'd just like to read it.  It is comical to us who know better but the unwashed masses had to get that idea from somewhere and it wasn't from us.

--- End quote ---

On my Camelot dvd the extras says it. I can find Nowhere online stating it.

Stanislaw:
I feel like stuff like this should be done more often. It would be excellent to incorporate the research for facial features in games set in a specific time period, as well as other computer-generated images.

Mike W.:
I found one for Richard III. It was made shortly after they dug him out of the parking lot.

Mike W.:
Facial reconstructions have a way of making the subjects feel more human and less like a name on a page. It makes it a lot easier to connect with the history.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version