Main > The Round Table

"Truth?"

<< < (2/5) > >>

Sir William:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2014-01-14, 16:07:08 ---One possible counter-argument however is that some people are incapable of admitting their contribution to a problem, or will never change their behavior. In such cases, you have to decide how much you want them to remain in your life, and whether sweeping things under the rug is sufficiently justified.
--- End quote ---

Bolded; when dealing with people of this nature, I have found it to be more beneficial to 'love them from afar'.  They're family, they'll always be family but I can't be bothered w/people who refuse to accept responsibility for their actions and subsequent occurrences.  Good to see them at family events, but I don't want to get embroiled in needless drama.

Aiden of Oreland:
Who is the man in the video?

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Ian on 2014-01-14, 16:50:48 ---What is your own contribution to the problems you deal with now?  Is all the responsibility split between your parents or do you bare some of the burden as well?  You lightly touch on your past alluding to interactions with your middle brother, but you don't give us much insight beyond that.  It suggests that perhaps there's more to the story than you let on.  More truth?

--- End quote ---

Bolding mine. This is an excellent point to bring up as well. Without going further into what the actual problem/disagreement is, I think it's useful to approach things with this in mind. Often it's hard to acknowledge our own contributions to disagreements, but it's often necessary in order to resolve things. Sometimes, the problem comes from a misunderstanding on the parts of both parties.

Neat quote from Babylon 5:  "Understanding is a three-edged sword" ... referring to "my side", "your side", and "the truth". :)

--- Quote from: Sir Aiden on 2014-01-14, 20:06:05 ---Who is the man in the video?

--- End quote ---

That is Thorsteinn.

Aiden of Oreland:
Ah Thorsteinn, you like arrows right, Heres something "When one has an arrow in him he has two options, leave the arrow in the body or remove it." Interpret it as you all will. If explaining is needed I will explain.

Sir Nate:
Im a truthful person. I don't lie or hide things from parents or teachers.
I believe the Truth should be revealed within in this time frame a few weeks. Perhaps telling the truth is not a matter of having a good or best time. It is when it's most Important to share the truth as when it should be done. I if in a position of revealing something to someone I'd tell them before or during the time that is right. Perhaps you'll know when the best time is. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version