Main > The Round Table

"Truth?"

<< < (3/5) > >>

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Thorsteinn on 2014-01-14, 00:22:29 ---Also do you agree with the statement "That which can be destroyed by the truth should be." (P.C. Hodgell, 'Seeker's Mask')

--- End quote ---

Tell kids the easter bunny isn't real?
Santa?
Tooth fairy?

The only absolute truth is that there are no absolute truths. :)

Don Jorge:
Sir James, not to be a stickler but that is a logical fallacy ;)

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Belemrys on 2014-01-14, 22:00:59 ---Sir James, not to be a stickler but that is a logical fallacy ;)

--- End quote ---

Hence it's appropriateness.

Or lack thereof.

Nobody said philosphy is easy. :D

Sir Nate:

--- Quote from: James Anderson III on 2014-01-14, 22:24:12 ---
--- Quote from: Belemrys on 2014-01-14, 22:00:59 ---Sir James, not to be a stickler but that is a logical fallacy ;)

--- End quote ---

Hence it's appropriateness.

Or lack thereof.

Nobody said philosphy is easy. :D

--- End quote ---

I agree it's not easy, I have Finally Managed to stop stressing myself with it, and look to some of Tolkiens Ways.

The Truth should be unveiled, Or it will unveil itself Worse In the Future.
Imagine being 30 and you find out batman isn't actually real.
Bad things will happen.
I have an Idea that could help determine the truth. I find the best teachings in story's.
Find a story with a moral of truth, Perhaps then the Decision will be a clear one.

Thorsteinn:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward ---One possible counter-argument however is that some people are incapable of admitting their contribution to a problem, or will never change their behavior. In such cases, you have to decide how much you want them to remain in your life, and whether sweeping things under the rug is sufficiently justified.
--- End quote ---

Does not the Path demand that I give them the chacne to be in my & My daughters life?

--- Quote from: Sir Ian ---What is your own contribution to the problems you deal with now?
--- End quote ---

Poor timing due to choice & issues beyond my control (PCS is a bitch)

--- Quote from: Sir Ian ---Is all the responsibility split between your parents or do you bare some of the burden as well?
--- End quote ---

They bare responsibility for their actions & choices, as I was a child for most of what happened do I bare responsibility? I took up part of their burden when they refused to do right by my brother & I stepped in to help solve that.

--- Quote from: Sir Ian ---You lightly touch on your past alluding to interactions with your middle brother, but you don't give us much insight beyond that.  It suggests that perhaps there's more to the story than you let on.  More truth?
--- End quote ---

Yes, but it was not conducive to the story or question at hand. Especially in the interests of time. In this case I was looking not to assert a Fact, but to raise a question & start a discussion. So far I've only been successful here.

--- Quote from: Sir Ian ---I notice a recurring theme in a lot of your videos.  There seems to be a general expectation that the neurotypical are somehow bound to go out of their way to understand you. Is this so?
--- End quote ---

As we Aspies go many miles out of our way every moment of every day for NT's is it so much to expect an NT to come some way towards us? Would you be asking this question if my disability were visible?

I try to say the things other Aspie's and HFA's can't & to answer the questions NT's want to know about as best I can even though, as my lady can attest, my translation skills are not great. I'm much better at translating NT-to-Aspie rather than Aspie-to-NT, though I'm trying hard to improve that & fully admit that I'm horrid if I'm the Aspie needing translation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version