Main > The Round Table

Knighly Orders during the Crusades

<< < (3/10) > >>

Sir Nate:

--- Quote from: Lord Dane on 2013-11-28, 19:21:49 ---The only current order closest to resembling the traditional Order of the Knights Templar in practice today (after their 1307 demise) is the 'Knights of Christ' (the former Portugal Commandery of the Templar Order). Just thought I would mention that. To associate the Knights Templar with Freemasonry is still presumed (but not necessarily refutable) as many traditions and rituals appear in their methods. It is highly impractical to say they had no influence over them after being disbanded by the Papacy, and found new ways to hide themselves to continue their efforts. I still believe the Templars exist today in their non-traditional forms. Their history is always so intriguing to the masses.

I am one that is convinced the Knights Templars came to America and established themselves here with the expeditions of Prince Henry Sinclair, and possibly even before. I have seen too much of the reported evidence myself being based in New England that to me substantiates the claims. And yes, the Freemasons have a degree rank that encompasses the Templar rite. 

--- End quote ---

The Templars gave maps to Columbus and there is a Templar church in Europe lined with corn far before Europeans had corn. And corn wasn't introduced until 1492

Aiden of Oreland:
Ya know, I am currently in the position to become a free mason. All I must do is ask this certain member that I know. He also owns horses to ride so I could also ask him to teach me to ride. And since I am preparing myself for HEMA and getting my equipment together, then join the order of the marshal if accepted, I will be a true knight 😋

LionPride32:
Wow, that's a lot of replies and there's still much to be learned! I plan on buying a book or 2 about the Templars. Any suggestions on good books???

Aiden of Oreland:
A good fictional story is "The Last Templar"

Sir Nate:

--- Quote from: Sir Aiden on 2013-11-30, 03:51:08 ---A good fictional story is "The Last Templar"

--- End quote ---

Id recomend The knights of the black and white by jack whyte, part 1 of a templar trilogy.
Ive started reading them they seem very accurate to life back in the days of Templars

The last Templar is a good book involving Templars, but if you want Historically accurate don't read it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version