Main > The Round Table

Knighly Orders during the Crusades

<< < (4/10) > >>

Lord Dane:
"The Brethren" (A book about one of the last templar knights before the exodus of the Order).

Sir Edward:

My understanding is that there is no evidence of direct lineage from the Templars to the Freemasons.

What I think is more likely is this... During the 19th century, everything medieval was all the rage, much like it is today. I suspect around that time (plus or minus a century), some inspiration was drawn from it, and possibly some misinterpretation of history, willful or not.

Sir Nate:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2013-12-02, 15:35:37 ---
My understanding is that there is no evidence of direct lineage from the Templars to the Freemasons.

What I think is more likely is this... During the 19th century, everything medieval was all the rage, much like it is today. I suspect around that time (plus or minus a century), some inspiration was drawn from it, and possibly some misinterpretation of history, willful or not.

--- End quote ---

Is that why poe wrote so many stories during the medieval era and or rennasiance- Other than being well educated.

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2013-12-02, 15:35:37 ---My understanding is that there is no evidence of direct lineage from the Templars to the Freemasons.

--- End quote ---

Mine as well. Lots of theory, lots of extrapolation, and some common features between them.. but no solid links to prove, and nothing solid to disprove.. which makes it ripe for conspiracy theories and suppositions.

Lord Dane:
Hypothetical will just have to wait for empirical evidence to catch up I guess.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version