"Chivalry is itself the poetry of life."
      -- Schlegel, Philosophy of History

Author Topic: Globose w/ Fauld  (Read 25888 times)

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
Re: Globose w/ Fauld
« Reply #45 on: 2014-09-14, 02:18:16 »
"doesnt Sir Geoffrey look FAB-U-lishous in his new hosen? hmmmmmm umm scrumsious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" lol hehehe mission accomplished

Sir Rodney

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Inquit Corvus
    • The Mercenary Company Nevermore
« Reply #46 on: 2014-09-14, 02:24:49 »
Sir Wolf’s got me worried!   ;)
"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." - Roger the Shrubber

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #47 on: 2014-09-15, 00:36:35 »
"doesnt Sir Geoffrey look FAB-U-lishous in his new hosen? hmmmmmm umm scrumsious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" lol hehehe mission accomplished

That gambeson is soooooo last century!
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Henrik Granlid

• Peacock extraordinaire
  • Forum Member
  • Another 14th century
« Reply #48 on: 2014-09-15, 20:15:55 »
Ian, your kit is one of my largest inspirations and I'm actually about to copy you with a similarly styled breastplate. I'll see which armourer I'm going with (my favourite and local one is backed up for a few months). Living in Europe does suck sometimes, since Jeff Wasson's quite a bit away ;) There are some good ones and the emails have gone out.

But yes, this is a drop dead gorgeous breastplate and I'm loving your overall look.
Shiny.

Ian

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #49 on: 2014-09-15, 21:44:35 »
Thank you very much!  If I can be of any assistance please just ask.  What armorers are you looking at?  I just recently placed an order in Poland for a new piece.
My YouTube Channel - Knyght Errant
My Pinterest

Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

Henrik Granlid

• Peacock extraordinaire
  • Forum Member
  • Another 14th century
« Reply #50 on: 2014-09-15, 22:12:45 »
If I can't get my local favourite, I'm currently looking at St George Armoury (http://www.stgeorgearmoury.co.uk/) and a Swedish Armourer I've had recommended to me as well as at least looking to get a quote from Albert Collins, but I doubt I'll be able to afford that.

There are, of course, other amazing artists such as Radoslaus (https://www.facebook.com/pages/wwwRADOSLAUSpl/182128588494685) whom I have also asked for a quote.

It will be interesting to see what answers I get from the different armourers, which one fits my vision more and if I'll go for one now or if I'll wait for Martin Merkel to complete a few orders.
Shiny.

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #51 on: 2014-09-16, 17:10:01 »
Thank you very much!  If I can be of any assistance please just ask.  What armorers are you looking at?  I just recently placed an order in Poland for a new piece.

Don't tease us. What piece??
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Henrik Granlid

• Peacock extraordinaire
  • Forum Member
  • Another 14th century
« Reply #52 on: 2014-09-16, 22:11:15 »
Well, a few from different walks of armouring life.
Some Swedish ones, however, they're either backed up or have stopped taking orders (one has only sorta stopped but is thinking about it so I'll keep his name out of it for now.)
St George Armoury, he'll see about a spring steel price (would need a welded construction since he can't get a piece big enough in the Uk without massive costs). Otherwise I'm thinking 18 gauge stainless would do fine for the intents and purposes.

Now... these are all good (or good enough with a low price point).

But there's one more guy I emailed.
And he replied.
And I can get to him for fittings.
He's given me a very rough ballpark estimate and yes, it's not impossible (at a conflict with my wanted guantlets since it's about the same price point).

I'm waiting for a second reply from him.

But it seems I am at least a baby step closer to owning an Albert Collins breastplate.
www.viaarmorari.com
Shiny.

Ian

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #53 on: 2014-09-17, 00:25:20 »
Via Armorari's stuff is absolutely phenomenal.  I use to just go through their photo gallery over and over just drooling...
My YouTube Channel - Knyght Errant
My Pinterest

Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum