Main > The Round Table

Knights and Freemasonry

<< < (6/8) > >>

Corvus:
"Misfiled" eh?   Even that gets a guy wondering, though I imagine that some of the stuff stored away in the Vatican archives could be an archivists nightmare....yet full of treasures as well.

B. Patricius:
The Vatican Archives is something I would thoroughly enjoy dedicating my life to.  For anyone wanting a tour of history: http://www.vatican.va/library_archives/ they even have some of it online.

Also, "secret" in terms of the Vatican, not sure if you all know this or not, isn't the same as "classified, or secret" etc within our day and age.  It just means it's been stored away.  It's so sad, that most of our beliefs in the Templars comes from a file being lost... reminds me of the Ark at the end of "Raiders"  :o ::) ;D the joke in my family is "and never to be found again."

Hrolfr:
Blame Phillip 'le Bel' (aka Phillip the Fair of France).  He owed the Templars a mega-buttload of money.  By doing what he did, he not only erased the debt, but claimed  alot of rich , productive land that was left to the Templars.

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: B. Patricius on 2013-05-19, 05:36:44 ---The Vatican Archives is something I would thoroughly enjoy dedicating my life to.  For anyone wanting a tour of history: http://www.vatican.va/library_archives/ they even have some of it online.

Also, "secret" in terms of the Vatican, not sure if you all know this or not, isn't the same as "classified, or secret" etc within our day and age.  It just means it's been stored away.  It's so sad, that most of our beliefs in the Templars comes from a file being lost... reminds me of the Ark at the end of "Raiders"  :o ::) ;D the joke in my family is "and never to be found again."

--- End quote ---

Bolding mine - It's a key document to the main theory, though. The Templars were officially disbanded by the Pope. No questions there. But to still call yourself a Templar after the fact would make you an enemy of the church/religion, to be associated with "heretical homosexual devil worshippers" (as per the charges/convictions). By having the Templar ruling overturned, it did not reinstate the Templars in the church, however, it did mean that they wouldn't be persecuted, and forced to stay underground. The "offshoot" Templars, like the ones in Scotland (excommunicated by the Pope anyway) seems more plausible and reasonable, at least to me.

B. Patricius:
That definitely sheds some light on that as well Sir James.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version