Main > The Round Table

Knights and Freemasonry

<< < (7/8) > >>

Corvus:

--- Quote from: B. Patricius on 2013-05-18, 22:14:34 ---
--- Quote from: Corvus on 2013-05-18, 21:25:15 ---That's crazy eh? That they overturned it after all that had been done? Wow - even then politics was shady

--- End quote ---

You can easily ask the Roman Empire or the Greeks if politics were ever not shady ;)  far as I'm concerned, you get three or more people together you have politics, intrigue, and conspiracy  ;D

Corvus, glad you liked the video.  I thought they did a good job of keeping on the subject at hand, and keeping an objective viewpoint.  I just wish others would as well.

--- End quote ---

Yes, it was very interesting. I have seen a few documentaries on the Templars but indeed, that was the best I have seen thus far. It really had me wondering what it would have been like for those men, all those centuries ago - to dedicate themselves so deeply only to ultimately be betrayed by what basically amounts to a politician.  Sad.   Now so many modern groups are claiming to be the real Templars it kind of takes away from the essence of what they probably really were.

Corvus:
Indeed in the course of my research I have received an invitation by the Worshipful Master of Vancouver's largest Freemason Lodge - to come down and have a visit with him. This will give me a chance to perhaps get some of my questions about them answered  ;)

B. Patricius:
That's awesome Corvus!

I know plenty of dedicated men and women who have been betrayed by politics.  Growing up in a Catholic household in Catholic schools, I can attest to the level of devotion the Templars had, I saw it every day in the Cistercians, Dominicans, and Jesuits.

Corvus:

--- Quote from: B. Patricius on 2013-05-21, 19:40:40 ---That's awesome Corvus!

I know plenty of dedicated men and women who have been betrayed by politics.  Growing up in a Catholic household in Catholic schools, I can attest to the level of devotion the Templars had, I saw it every day in the Cistercians, Dominicans, and Jesuits.

--- End quote ---

Brother Patricius;

Perhaps as a Catholic you might enlighten me as to the reasoning of the Vatican - with regard to disallowing Catholics from becoming Freemasons?

Curious...

Corvus:
I thought a Discovery Channel special would be a little less biased than this one

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version