Main > The Round Table

New Heraldry

<< < (3/15) > >>

Sir William:
What's the meaning behind the new heraldry, Dane?

Lord Dane:
The sable (black) color to represent grief and reflect a state of sorrow for any lives I must take in life.
The or (gold) color to symbolize my rank.
The argent (silver or white) color to represent purity.

The crosses pattee to each side symbolize "two sides of every story" and the choices we make in life (good and evil; right and wrong; etc) & burden on each shoulder (i.e. cross we bear) from those choices. Also reflective of a Crusader knight of Catholic/Christian faith (who tends to follow the ideals of the Templars & Teutonics).
The chevron represents my para-military service as a field officer.
The stars represent 2 parts of the Holy Trinity (Son, Holy Spirit) that come together to meet in the chevron apex at the sword (The Father).
The arming sword is "Arbitrator", symbolizing the strength/resolve/wisdom of the divine Father & justice coming to a point in the form of the Cruciform sword. Justice at the point of a sword is the final resolution...and sacrifice I must make in my occupation in order to see it served.
The Great Dane that will adorn my Great Helmet represents me, Dane. Symbolic of an English hound of great prowess, hunting, fortitude, and loyalty. Always alert & ready to serve. It will be bronze in color in a standing position with cropped ears adorning a black & gold mantle with a black torse wrapped in gold wire.

Sir James A:
Excellent meanings.

SirNathanQ:
Agreed.

Lord Dane:
Thank you both & all but which one is liked best?? First or second shield (granted it is a slight difference).  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version