Main > The Round Table

New Heraldry

(1/15) > >>

Lord Dane:
Here's what I'm thinking for my new heraldry. Thoughts?? :)

Sir James A:
Very modernized, but if that doesn't matter - I like symmetry. Go for it!

Sir Gerard de Rodes:
I do like the design.  ;)
 In medieval times, gold wasn`t generally  used for "or" (gold) it was replaced with yellow. Much the same as "argent" (silver) was usually replaced with white.
G.

Sir Edward:

The symbols in the upper corners are the ones I'm trying to figure out how to describe in heraldic terms, and see if they fit the rules. Are those circles?

So it might be something like "on a rondel argent fimbriated or, a cross pattee sable". What we may need to look up is the validity of having a metal fimbriated with another metal. Otherwise everything else looks valid. I'd consider either removing the gold outline on those circles, or make the circles completely gold (that is, just one metal).

In the end it's up to you of course. :)

Lord Dane:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2013-03-17, 13:15:01 ---
The symbols in the upper corners are the ones I'm trying to figure out how to describe in heraldic terms, and see if they fit the rules. Are those circles?

So it might be something like "on a rondel argent fimbriated or, a cross pattee sable". What we may need to look up is the validity of having a metal fimbriated with another metal. Otherwise everything else looks valid. I'd consider either removing the gold outline on those circles, or make the circles completely gold (that is, just one metal).

In the end it's up to you of course. :)

--- End quote ---

Right on the money, Sir Edward. I actually bought some rounded brass besagews that I painted to illustrate the cross pattee on each side to coincide with my tabbard in the pattern shown. The circles just illustrated it better. Your description sounds accurate. I did try the design with that thought both as shown & without the border. Most people I asked liked it with the white & brass outer border. But let me display the other one & you tell me what you think.

The chevron sable fimbriated or, the arming sword argent, and two mullets or are definitive. The cross pattee design is what I was stuck on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version