Main > The Round Table

Rob Roy 'Honor'

<< < (4/6) > >>

Sir Patrick:
No one can take away your honor. Only you can do that via your actions. Being the victim of an assault is not the same as being a willing participant of a dishonorable act. Admittedly,in period a lady's honor was not defined the same as a man's (the former being tied up more with sexuality than anything else). In modern times this is obviously not the case.

Lord Dane:

--- Quote from: The Red Knight on 2012-06-23, 15:11:29 ---No one can take away your honor. Only you can do that via your actions. Being the victim of an assault is not the same as being a willing participant of a dishonorable act. Admittedly,in period a lady's honor was not defined the same as a man's (the former being tied up more with sexuality than anything else). In modern times this is obviously not the case.

--- End quote ---

Tis true. Was disgraceful & noone can take pride in such a dishonorable depiction of degradation & depravity to such a fine, fiery redhead ... :P Now that I think about it... it was just a movie & that redhead was pretty hot... Where was I when they were casting?????

Sir William:

--- Quote from: Lord Dane on 2012-06-23, 06:35:55 ---Love Liam Neeson flicks. "Rob Roy" has a classic scene where his wife gets it in the most medieval fashion.... "Just think of yourself as the scabbard & me as the sword."  So much for that redhead's honor.

--- End quote ---

I think, when they were casting for the part of Archibald, they were looking for an actor who could portray an immoral misogynist, not a person who seems to evince those sorts of tendencies.  ;)

Lord Dane:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2013-02-01, 20:34:28 ---
--- Quote from: Lord Dane on 2012-06-23, 06:35:55 ---Love Liam Neeson flicks. "Rob Roy" has a classic scene where his wife gets it in the most medieval fashion.... "Just think of yourself as the scabbard & me as the sword."  So much for that redhead's honor.

--- End quote ---

I think, when they were casting for the part of Archibald, they were looking for an actor who could portray an immoral misogynist, not a person who seems to evince those sorts of tendencies.  ;)

--- End quote ---

His character was a classic bad-ass (the kind you want to kill by the end of the story). Imperial-like sarcasm in perfect colonial overtone with heavy emphasis on immorality from a resentful bastard's upbringing taking pride in every indecent act & evil depravity in which he engages without any sort of conscience. Loved hating him!! :) Was like watching Christopher Walken who remains my #1 best played bad guy. Excellent protrayal !!

Corvus:
An excellent clip that is.

I was only recently discussing the subject of honor with my 11 year old daughter as a matter of fact. She was asking me why it seemed to her that the people who had the least worthiness went around using the word honor the most. She was referring to various politicians who take titles such as the right honorable, or honorable, etc.

It is important that we teach the young ones about such things early on because, sadly, very few folk these days are truly acquainted with the real meaning of terms like honor or humility.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version