Main > The Round Table

Rob Roy 'Honor'

<< < (3/6) > >>

Sir Wolf:
havent seen that movie in a long long time. great one though!

i went to his graveside while in scotland. nice little farm, private church and graveyard. i think he is buried with his wife and sons. have to find the picture and scan it in for you.

Joshua Santana:

--- Quote ---i went to his graveside while in scotland. nice little farm, private church and graveyard. i think he is buried with his wife and sons. have to find the picture and scan it in for you.
--- End quote ---

That is awesome!  Please do so!   :D

Sir William:

--- Quote from: Joshua Santana on 2012-06-11, 18:26:51 ---
--- Quote ---Who would've thought a small sword could stop a broadsword, eh?  lol
--- End quote ---

That would be a Transitional Baroque Rapier.

http://www.darkwoodarmory.com/index.php?main_page=popup_image_additional&pID=247&pic=5&products_image_large_additional=images/TransRap1f.JPG[/

Smallswords do not appear until the mid 1700's.  Plus don't think about starting the infamous Rapier/Broadsword effectiveness debate started by Mr. Silver.   ;)

--- End quote ---

Ah, thank you, Sir Joshua, but I was not using it as a name, but as a description because it is, in fact, a 'small' sword, as opposed to Roy's much larger broadsword.

Joshua Santana:

--- Quote ---    Quote

Who would've thought a small sword could stop a broadsword, eh?  lol

That would be a Transitional Baroque Rapier.

http://www.darkwoodarmory.com/index.php?main_page=popup_image_additional&pID=247&pic=5&products_image_large_additional=images/TransRap1f.JPG[/

Smallswords do not appear until the mid 1700's.  Plus don't think about starting the infamous Rapier/Broadsword effectiveness debate started by Mr. Silver.   ;)

Ah, thank you, Sir Joshua, but I was not using it as a name, but as a description because it is, in fact, a 'small' sword, as opposed to Roy's much larger broadsword.
--- End quote ---

I understand Sir William.  Different swords will always have different lengths, widths and shapes thus creating their unique purposes.

Lord Dane:
Love Liam Neeson flicks. "Rob Roy" has a classic scene where his wife gets it in the most medieval fashion.... "Just think of yourself as the scabbard & me as the sword."  So much for that redhead's honor.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version