Main > The Round Table

How a Knight Shall be Armed - 4th grade style

<< < (5/7) > >>

SirNathanQ:
Beat the air into submission! I love that!  ;D

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Ian on 2012-06-02, 03:24:43 ---but jets are for sissies, real men fly helicopters.

--- End quote ---

Heck yeah. Had I gone into the service, I'd have wanted to fly helicopters. They probably wouldn't have taken me though, due to my strong vision prescription.

Joshua Santana:

--- Quote ---I may have mentioned this previously, but here it goes.  Within the past year or so a kid was suspended from a Twin Cities public school for having a box cutter in his car.

By all accounts he was a responsible young man helping his family pay the bills by stocking supermarket shelves at night.  One night he worked a ton of overtime, went home, crashed, and managed to get up in time for school the next morning.   A passerby noticed the box cutter in his car the next morning while it was parked in the student parking lot.  The police were called, councilors were brought in and he was suspended.

The box cutter was in his locked vehicle; he was not brandishing it, he was not bragging about it, in fact he had totally forgotten about it.  This situation was total and utter B.S. in my opinion.
I’ll never forget the day in high school (so long ago) when the morning announcements included the message that we couldn’t bring guns to school anymore.  I grew up in a very rural area where everyone hunted.  Every truck in the parking lot had a weapon rack.  You could’ve armed a small army.  No one was ever hurt.  These are indeed sad times.
--- End quote ---

Indeed, does anyone remember the time there was a video on a kid who wanted to represent his class in Spirit week by riding a horse and being dressed as a Knight, later on got suspended without a reason?  A shame indeed. 

Sir James A:
Lord Rodney, that's awesome! I kept thinking I should do something for my brother's class when they were doing medieval studies, but I'd never make it through the front door with a gauntlet, let alone a harness & weaponry. Those are some lucky, lucky kids ... I hope they realize that!

And I'd frame that bonnacon drawing. That is absolutely priceless!

--- Quote from: Joshua Santana on 2012-06-02, 18:42:00 ---
--- Quote ---I may have mentioned this previously, but here it goes.  Within the past year or so a kid was suspended from a Twin Cities public school for having a box cutter in his car.

By all accounts he was a responsible young man helping his family pay the bills by stocking supermarket shelves at night.  One night he worked a ton of overtime, went home, crashed, and managed to get up in time for school the next morning.   A passerby noticed the box cutter in his car the next morning while it was parked in the student parking lot.  The police were called, councilors were brought in and he was suspended.

The box cutter was in his locked vehicle; he was not brandishing it, he was not bragging about it, in fact he had totally forgotten about it.  This situation was total and utter B.S. in my opinion.
I’ll never forget the day in high school (so long ago) when the morning announcements included the message that we couldn’t bring guns to school anymore.  I grew up in a very rural area where everyone hunted.  Every truck in the parking lot had a weapon rack.  You could’ve armed a small army.  No one was ever hurt.  These are indeed sad times.
--- End quote ---

Indeed, does anyone remember the time there was a video on a kid who wanted to represent his class in Spirit week by riding a horse and being dressed as a Knight, later on got suspended without a reason?  A shame indeed. 

--- End quote ---

He wasn't suspended without reason, just suspended because school administration lacks any common sense whatsoever:

http://www.pawnation.com/2010/11/04/high-school-student-suspended-for-riding-a-horse-to-school/

He arrived with his parents (and their blessing), along with a squire (his friend). It was for school Spirit week. And he was suspended on the spot. His squire, not even riding the horse, was suspended too. You can't get more "evil" than that ... right?

Sir Edward:

It amazes me how much even the semblance of weaponry (including armor, knights, or anything military related) freaks these people out. All of these school administrators would fall over dead with a brain aneurism if they saw the inside of my house. It might serve them right too.

Was that my out-loud voice? :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version