Main > The Round Table

How a Knight Shall be Armed - 4th grade style

(1/7) > >>

Sir Rodney:
I recently volunteered to do a “How a Knight Shall Be Armed” presentation for a friend’s 4th grade class.  Dave, known as Gareth the Black in the SCA, is a founding member of the Mercenary Company Nevermore unit I belong to.  He’s also a 4th grade teacher at a charter school which concentrates on the sciences and history.  As part of his medieval history program, he brings in his own weapons and armour for the kids to research as well as another Nevermore mate with his dog to discuss medieval dog breeds.

Where was this school when I was in 4th grade?

Joshua Santana:
Now that is excellent!  Huzzah! 

Now I want to do something like this only on a college level (planning to earn Doctorate's Degree in Medieval and Renaissance Studies).   ;)

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Lord Rodney on 2012-06-01, 12:40:38 ---Where was this school when I was in 4th grade?

--- End quote ---

Seriously. We never had people come in with medieval gear for us to look at up close, when I was a kid. Today's kids are spoiled, I tell ya! :)

That's excellent, well done! So what did they think of your bonnacon? :)

Joshua Santana:

--- Quote ---Seriously. We never had people come in with medieval gear for us to look at up close, when I was a kid. Today's kids are spoiled, I tell ya! :)
--- End quote ---

Indeed, that is why I will proclaim this message: "Youth was not made for pleasure but for Heroism!"  There is a good and bad spoil, so far I see nothing but kids being badly spoiled,very few are spoiled the right way with being raised by good parents and their moral foundation set up.  I am lucky to have parents that homeschooled me to help me learn and to help understand that I don't have to go with the status quo, I can be individualistic but willing to work with a team.  That is what I call being goodly spoiled.   

Sir Rodney:

--- Quote from: Joshua Santana on 2012-06-01, 13:43:47 ---Now that is excellent!  Huzzah! 

Now I want to do something like this only on a college level (planning to earn Doctorate's Degree in Medieval and Renaissance Studies).   ;)

--- End quote ---

You should come to the Twin Cities and study at Augsburg College.  It’s one of only a handful of colleges that offer an undergraduate degree in Medieval Studies (and just minutes from the Arms & Armor shop).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version