"No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave."
                -- Calvin Coolidge

Author Topic: About my amazon chaps  (Read 7290 times)

Leganoth

• Forum Follower
About my amazon chaps
« on: 2011-08-19, 02:55:01 »
You guys did help out we called and got a free one, was a miss shipment so it will arrive ina few days or so. Although I DO need a leather belt to hold it up maybe 28-30 inches to be tight and hold up

Sir Matthew

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
Re: About my amazon chaps
« Reply #1 on: 2011-08-19, 04:02:09 »
That is awesome. Glad it worked out for you. Belts are pretty easy to make or if you want to buy one, they are relatively easy to find. KoA has some nice periodish ones.

Sir Rodney

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Inquit Corvus
    • The Mercenary Company Nevermore
« Reply #2 on: 2011-08-19, 12:58:00 »
I'm glad everything worked out for you.   :)
"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." - Roger the Shrubber

SirNathanQ

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • "Nobiscum Deus" "Libertas ad omnes civitates"
« Reply #3 on: 2011-08-19, 14:43:30 »
Yeah, me too. Good work  :)
"The maximum use of force is in no way incompatible with the simultaneous use of the intellect." -Carl Von Clausewitz
"He is truly a fearless knight and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armor of faith just as his body is protected by armor of steel." -Saint Bernard of Clairvoux

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #4 on: 2011-08-19, 14:54:12 »
One of our brethren, Sylvanus, made suspenders in a criss-cross shape to deal with keeping his chausses up.  A regular belt will cause all of the weight to drag on the hips and you will feel it after a little while.  He devised the straps so that his shoulders would help bear some of the weight.  You could also look into getting one of Pitbull Armory's C-belts...they have extra leather on the hips so that the weight distributes more evenly across that area instead of right on top of the pelvis.  In fact, I just ordered one for my plate leg harness.  You can email him:  leiderandy@yahoo.com - he takes Paypal and his turaround times are pretty swift.  I may even get mine in time for the first weekend of MDRF but if not, I'll go as a Templar or Crusader again.  Yea...because I need an arming cotte too and I can't afford one just yet.
« Last Edit: 2011-08-19, 14:54:31 by Syr William »
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir Gerard de Rodes

• "Chivalry our Strength, Brotherhood our sword"
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Robor meum Deus
    • The Freemen Of Gwent
« Reply #5 on: 2011-08-19, 19:27:28 »
One of our brethren, Sylvanus, made suspenders in a criss-cross shape to deal with keeping his chausses up.  A regular belt will cause all of the weight to drag on the hips and you will feel it after a little while.  He devised the straps so that his shoulders would help bear some of the weight.  You could also look into getting one of Pitbull Armory's C-belts...they have extra leather on the hips so that the weight distributes more evenly across that area instead of right on top of the pelvis.  In fact, I just ordered one for my plate leg harness.  You can email him:  leiderandy@yahoo.com - he takes Paypal and his turaround times are pretty swift.  I may even get mine in time for the first weekend of MDRF but if not, I'll go as a Templar or Crusader again.  Yea...because I need an arming cotte too and I can't afford one just yet.

These type of belts are a great solution, I have used a weight lifting belt with over the shoulder, crossed straps for some years and found them to be the most comfortable "quick fix".
If you are talking about plate cuisse then the only propper way to suspend them (IMHO) is a pointed arming doublet, or point them to your arming/padded jack.
G.
"War is at first like a beautiful girl with whom all men long to play,but in the end like a repulsive hag whose suitors all weep and ache" Samuel Hanagid (993-1056)

Leganoth

• Forum Follower
« Reply #6 on: 2011-08-21, 00:24:38 »
Alright well my mom said the lady was going to overnight send it to us, she called friday so mail doesnt come saturday/sunday (right?) so they should send monday or what?

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #7 on: 2011-08-21, 13:28:03 »

Yeah, more often than not, "overnight" translates to "next business day", unless they pay more for Saturday delivery.
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Leganoth

• Forum Follower
« Reply #8 on: 2011-08-21, 21:52:36 »
Ahh I see, I was never good at remembering mailing schedules 

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #9 on: 2011-08-22, 18:45:06 »
I suggest using a pourpoint with the chausses. They are MUCH more comfortable that way. If you don't have a pourpoint, then points on the arming coat are a good alternative. I don't have any experience with the C-belt, but a regular belt will not hold heavy leggings for very long without either digging into you or sagging/poorly supportive.

Glad to hear they sent the other one. That seemed really odd they'd sell one leg at a time, unless it was pirate gear... ;)
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #10 on: 2011-08-22, 18:47:01 »
Now there's an image... a peg-legged knight. :)

EDIT: I'm thinking about photoshopping this, but I don't have time today. :)
« Last Edit: 2011-08-22, 20:44:07 by Sir Edward »
Sir Ed T. Toton III

Leganoth

• Forum Follower
« Reply #11 on: 2011-08-22, 19:00:26 »

Now there's an image... a peg-legged knight. :)

LOL that would be funny! And also i was thinking of a belt then making somthing like suspenders but stronger like you guys said above

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #12 on: 2011-08-22, 21:16:13 »

OK, I found a few minutes to work on it. Quick hack:

Sir Ed T. Toton III

Sir Patrick

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Nex pro inhonesto, Deus pro totus.
    • The Order of the Marshal
« Reply #13 on: 2011-08-22, 23:59:51 »
 ;D  Have at you!
Gules, a chevron argent between three cinquefoils ermine.
"Better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand as a lamb."
Knight, Order of the Marshal

Leganoth

• Forum Follower
« Reply #14 on: 2011-08-23, 04:41:25 »

OK, I found a few minutes to work on it. Quick hack:

Ahahaha!! Great work Sir Edward!! I like your armor! Anyway to cut short long chain sleeves i want midsleeved like you so i could get vambraces and such