"War is at first like a beautiful girl with whom all men long to play, but in the end like a repulsive hag whose suitors all weep and ache."
                -- Samuel Hanagid (993-1056)

Author Topic: About my amazon chaps  (Read 7289 times)

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
Re: About my amazon chaps
« Reply #15 on: 2011-08-23, 14:32:23 »
How old is that pic, Sir Edward?
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #16 on: 2011-08-23, 14:51:31 »
How old is that pic, Sir Edward?

Spring 2008, at NCRF. All my belts are doubled up in that shot because I just bought some, and threw them over everything else so I didn't need to carry them. I had gotten that helm and surcoat put together just in time for MDRF about 6 months earlier. The shield had its base coats over the winter, and I hadn't painted the charges yet or added the crest to the helm.

The mail chausses were also my attempt at an aluminum set, and that I think was my first time out with them.

So very much an "in progress" photo.
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Sir James A

• Weapons & Armor addict
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #17 on: 2011-08-24, 20:26:59 »
Ahahaha!! Great work Sir Edward!! I like your armor! Anyway to cut short long chain sleeves i want midsleeved like you so i could get vambraces and such

If it's butted mail, just remove a row of rings and the sleeve will "detach". If it's rivited, you can cut/break the rings. A chisel might be the easiest way, if you have a good, sharp, hardened steel one available. If the sleeves aren't too baggy, you can always wear the vambrace over the sleeves, too.
Knight, Order of the Marshal
Sable, a chevron between three lions statant Argent

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #18 on: 2011-08-24, 20:45:34 »
Or do like I did and let the sleeves drape over the vambrace...sounds weird but it didn't look too bad considering I was suffering from bingo wing syndrome.  lol
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€