Main > The Round Table

My sets

<< < (4/7) > >>

Sir Brian:
lol Oh that is excellent! I have a much deeper appreciation for Sir Urlich. I had only done some rudimentary research after the movie came out and found that he was a real knight within the same time period but that was pretty much it! Thanks for sharing that Sir John!  :)

SirNathanQ:
Oh wow, he was a real character? Perfect for the focus of the movie. Good to see movies putting in resl research  :)

Now if they could only do something about all the armour from that movie.......... >:( >:( >:(

Sir Edward:

Yeah, I really have to attempt to ignore the anachronisms and inaccuracy, but otherwise I love that movie.

SirNathanQ:
It's a good movie, but half the time I'm left shrieking "WTF ARE THEY WEARING!!!!!!" (That's usually when I start losing friends really fast, or people leave the theater...)

It's even worse now that I know they took the time to research a real historical figure.... *Forehead slap*

(And BTW, why did his girlfriend always have to look like a Chihuahua?)  :P

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir John of Felsenbau on 2011-07-03, 20:33:48 ---By the way, did you ever see "A Knight's Tale" with keith ledger? Well he pretends to be Sir Urlich von Lichtenstein. I did a lot of research on him, and he was not only in wars, but he was quite the character. He went on two tournament circuits and never lost! On one, he dressed as King Arthur and his companions as knights of the round table. The other was amazing, he loved venus, and used her image as his crest, but on one circuit, he actually dressed I (in a pink dress)  as venus...complete with wig and braids! And he participated in tournaments in that outfit!

--- End quote ---

That's truly a character! It would have been strange to see Heath Ledger in a pink dress, and even stranger to see him winning in it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version