Main > The Round Table

My sets

<< < (3/7) > >>

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2011-06-26, 21:24:12 ---
Hey neat. What did you make the crown out of? It looks pretty detailed.

--- End quote ---

Indeed, the crown looks very detailed. Great job on it, and all the other items, too. I am sure you will have fun as a prince at the renn faire.

Sir William:
Nice wares, Sir John....did you make them all by hand?

Sir John of Felsenbau:
All mys surcoats and shields are hand made. Surcoats are even hand sewed, like they were back then. For the crown, for the base I used part of a plastic flower pot that fit me, then I used bests for the cross over parts, all painted. I glued various gems, etc that I bought. One belt I bought had some items that I took off to use. I did have the fake ermine on hand to add to the crown. It's my artistic outlet.  Geez, I counted my helmets in my collection, I have almost 40! And each is decorated from a knight that I researched on the net. Most have matching surcoats and shields.

By the way, what did you think of my Sir Wm Marshal outfit?

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir John of Felsenbau on 2011-07-02, 14:10:08 ---By the way, what did you think of my Sir Wm Marshal outfit?

--- End quote ---

Very well done. It's easy to see you've put a LOT of effort into these, especially with sewing by hand. I like the William Marshal one, especially the standard. They are fairly rare to see.

Sir John of Felsenbau:
I have quite a few sets kije that, just haven't had the time to take pictures of them. I always do a lot of research on the knight before I make a set.

By the way, did you ever see "A Knight's Tale" with keith ledger? Well he pretends to be Sir Urlich von Lichtenstein. I did a lot of research on him, and he was not only in wars, but he was quite the character. He went on two tournament circuits and never lost! On one, he dressed as King Arthur and his companions as knights of the round table. The other was amazing, he loved venus, and used her image as his crest, but on one circuit, he actually dressed I (in a pink dress)  as venus...complete with wig and braids! And he participated in tournaments in that outfit!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version