Main > The Round Table

My coat of arms

<< < (11/22) > >>

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir John of Felsenbau on 2013-01-07, 22:53:17 ---Sir James,

I understand. Would early in April be better? It wouldn't be too cold or too hot, so it would make it comfortable. The end of April can get warm. I used to do Civil War living history at the end of April, and it could get quite warm sometimes. Especially in a wool uniform. (I know..in hot armor as well.) But I've found that in my area, early April has nice temperatures. Easter will have already passed, so that's not a problem. At least consider what I've said. Thanks,

Sir John

--- End quote ---

Early and mid April would not work for me due to conflicts. I am not sure for the others.

Sir William:
Sir John, there are a number of us who are willing to descend upon your fair town, specifically on April 27 as we will also be near, possibly, for a function with an upcoming PIFA event.  We don't know yet whether we'll be "working" or just "playing" as it were...in any case, that date seems to work for all involved so...unless it doesn't work for you, tentative planning for that day is already under way.

Seeing as you plan on your ceremony to take up most of a day, we'll need to plan for that, too.  Please understand, all of us work in different fields (although Sirs Edward and James perform similar duties, it isn't with the same firm) and have our own schedules (and spouses for that matter) that need to be addressed/adjusted/informed to accomodate- we will make it happen if/when we can all come together.  You've been more or less patient up til now- we ask that you be patient for a little while longer, until we know what's going to happen with the 2013 Philadelphia International Festival of the Arts event.

Sir John of Felsenbau:
Sir William,

I understand that all of you are busy with many things. I only need 3 knights (more would be cramped). Any Saturday in April is fine for me. I realize that you prefer to meet the person before he is knighted...but I hope we can do it the same day. I have tried hard to show that I joined not just to get knighted. I have added my knight of the week, which has more than 6,500 views. I had hoped it would bring more recognition to the group. When you can, could you tell me the names of the 3 knights that will visit me? Plus their adresses, as I have special invitations prepared. Phone numbers would be good too. I will send you mine in a personal message.

Plus you are correct, it will take a good part of the day, but I think you will find it worth it. The knighting...the feast....and the movie about knights that I made.

Please try to keep me informed as to your plans for the knighting.

I am, with great respect, your most obedient servant,

Sir John

Sir William:
That sounds very reasonable to me, Sir John...I'll consult with my Brothers and we'll get back to you sooner rather than later (hopefully).  As for mailing addresses, we'll send you those once we know who will be in attendance.  Also, do not be alarmed if more than 3 of us show up- like as not, the others want to meet you as well but they need not stay if you would prefer them not to.  We would not want to impose ourselves upon you.

Sir Edward:

So far I *think* I'm flexible in April. I'll probably be following everyone else's schedules as best I can. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version