Main > The Courtyard

HEMA/WMA map

<< < (2/5) > >>

Sir William:
Guess they don't advertise?

Sir James A:
ARMA NoVa meets in Winchester on Sundays. I almost joined up, but the class I went to with them was too "closed doors", and I wasn't able to participate in the second half of the class since I wasn't a member. I applied online to become a member but never heard back from them ... I'm guessing because I mentioned that I had been in the SCA before ... but Audra Grapes was one of the coordinators for it.

It's a shame they don't seem willing to share info with the "other" groups, since Winchester isn't too far from me - about 1/3 the distance to VAF. :( On the bright side, Das Bill was way cooler than the ARMA members I met in the class. :D

Sir Brian:
Truly I think you are better off without them. I really cannot understand that whole elitist mentality some folks have to project. I see studying WMA as an opportunity and an honor really to be but a small participant in the resurrection of a wonderful yet still deadly art form of warfare.  :-\

Sir Edward:

For a group that has such little interest in combining their studies with other historical aspects, they're surprisingly medieval in their mindset. Back in the day, knowledge was carefully guarded. Today that attitude does nothing but hamper the efforts to revive the art and garner interest in it. As modern practitioners, we need to be open and collaborative.

Sir William:
I'm a member of an elite group of knights...is that so bad?  We are of the Order of the Marshal, anyone on the outside looking in is going to feel the same.  I'll do nothing to dispel the myth.  lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version