Main > The Armoury

Ed's other kit, 15th century

<< < (12/18) > >>

Sir Edward:

Yeah, looking at the pic from HE (where I bought them, BTW), mine would come all the way to the wrist and cover less of the armpit or side of the body. Odd.

Sir Edward:

As it turns out, they say they make them big so you can trim them as necessary. Hah! I should actually research these things before investing hours of work.

Oh well, live and learn.

Amazing though how much faster these things come apart. I had the voider back off in about 2 minutes. I can re-use the top edge eyelets, but the vertical edges have to be brought in, so I'm back to installing eyelets. It looks like when I hold the mail up to my arm, it reaches my wrist, but when clamped down it probably won't. It's not as long as the sleeve on the doublet. I'll have to deal with the excess diameter though, and taper it. I'm tempted to just lace it shut over the forearm instead of attaching it straight to the doublet's sleeve at that end.

But we'll see what it looks like when I get the shoulder attached. :)

Sir Edward:

OK, I've been reworking it a bit. Unfortunately I'm stuck with an ugly line of eyelets that aren't in use anymore. Thankfully this will be covered with armor.

I have it pointed on to the bicep, and beyond that it's just safety pins at the moment. I'll have to resume later.

Sir Wolf:
:( man i'm sorry hehehe. but it does look good though!!! huzzah to you for getting it done!!

Sir Edward:

Don't apologize dude, you saved me from having to fix TWO of them. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version