Main > The Armoury

Ed's other kit, 15th century

<< < (11/18) > >>

Allan Senefelder:
Ed, finished up the breast plate last night, I think you'll like it. The fauld lames now both fully collapse as opposed to only the one that you and Chuck put on, which was part of the problem. With that first lame not collapsing at all it was in effect and extra 2.5" of brest plate length and thus prevented a full waist bend. Moved the waist line up an inch as we discussed, dressed up the placard around the rivet points with some file work, beveled the edges of the placard and lames where appropriate for a more historic look and there is now tons of movement between the placard and top half of the breast plate ( used you and Chucks slot modification in the center and leathers on either side ).

Sir Edward:

Awesome! Thank you so much for working on this! It sounds like a huge improvement, and exactly what I needed. Have you looked into the helmet spring-pins yet?

When you're ready to send it all back, hit me up with an email and I'll get you some money right quick.

Sir Edward:
The tassets and helm are back. The spring pins are awesome. :)

I'm now working on getting my voiders attached, now that I have some enthusiasm again! Check this out:

It's taken all afternoon to get this one installed. Not sure if I'll do the second one tonight or not.

These voiders hang pretty long, making it all the way down to the leg points. I'm tempted to cut a few inches off.

Sir Wolf:
will you be mad at me if I told you you have them on wrong? :-\  The long piece is to cover the inner arm down to the cuff incase you have gutter vambracers. sorry dude. I know that was a lot of work.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-tp/230145588/Chainmail_Armour.html
http://historicenterprises.biz/voiders-riveted-maille-pair-p-689.html?cPath=101_141

since you have full vambracers I would still cut them down a little after you switch them around(sorta like the histori enterprises picture).  that way they lay under the vambraces and not flop over them like I have seen on some.  I apploud you!! I have had my voiders of almost a year and I have yet to put them on

Sir Edward:

Lol, I thought about that, but they'd hardly cover the armpit area if I did it the other way around, and it would make a mail tube with a larger diameter than my arm.  It just didn't seem right.

Holding the other one up against my arm the way you're suggesting, it wraps nearly twice around my forearm, but the length is right.

I'll look it over some more before deciding how to proceed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version