Main > The Armoury

Armorer - Pitbull Armory

<< < (3/4) > >>

Sir Wolf:
it almost seems like the European guys have it right more than the Americans. they have that looks about there stuff that is just i dunno, better isn't the word, maybe it's mroe in key or something.

I would like to see more pieces come out of his camp. he is getting a lot better and WANTS TO LEARN and get better. hehe seems like a good guy

Sir William:
I've chatted w/him on a few occasions over some of his eBay wares and he's just a nice guy; seemed to know his stuff but again, I'm not an armorer so take that w/a grain of salt.  Always liked the look of his stuff, though.

Sir Wolf, I agree...or maybe its just that we know that's where the medieval style of armor originated so perhaps they would have a better handle on things than their American counterparts, but this is not always the case.  I put forth Albion as the leader of the production sword market- with prices to go along with that standing.  I'd put an Albion against any other swordmaker's piece from Europe and a hefty wager that the Albion would NOT be disgraced; as we all know, Albion is American born-and-bred, but they do have the advantage of someone like Peter Johnsson who has an eye for detail and an amazing ability to render a 2d hand-drawn image, complete with notes and specs of a period piece he's handled and turn it into something we all love.

Allan Senefelder:

--- Quote ---it almost seems like the European guys have it right more than the Americans. they have that looks about there stuff that is just i dunno, better isn't the word, maybe it's mroe in key or something.

--- End quote ---

I think in part this is because in the states there are more production armories than custom armouries, and there has been more focus on SCA geared armour due to its popularity here. In Europe especially the new Eastern European wave thats come up they are almost all custom armourers and Europes production has been geared twords LH rather than having to blend LH/SCA like stateside where the SCA has been and will continue to be a large customer base. While the SCA does have a European presence the majority of European armour use is far and away LH geared.

--- Quote ---I would like to see more pieces come out of his camp. he is getting a lot better and WANTS TO LEARN and get better. hehe seems like a good guy
--- End quote ---

He may be onto something with his recent offering of both V shaped stop ribs and lance rests. I've been asked about both in the past and we just didn't/don't have the time. I just shot Andy an email about his stop ribs for a project. I like the idea of armourers combining thier skills on a job. Andy seems from all his postings i've read to be a genuinly nice guy with a real enthusiasm about his job that one doesn't see to much no matter what the job is.

Sir William:
If what you say is true, Allan, then I see it as great news...collaborative efforts in things medieval have been successful in the past, at least in the sword community- Hanwei and Tinker worked well, Valiant Armory and Angus Trim as well.  To have armorers collaborate would be an awesome way to bring more light to this area of the medieval community.

Lord Dane:
This is a late post to this thread but I bought a couple of heater shields off this guy. Pitbull does make some good stuff. His heater shields are good quality. I have one lightweight & one heavy-guage from him. Haven't seen much of his stuff online as of late though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version