Main > The Library

since this is a library forum

<< < (2/4) > >>

tristam:
Once we finally get the new house squared away(if ever), our guest room is going to double as the library.  We have a recliner and a sleeper sofa in there as well as a several bookshelves.  It will mostly have our pleasure reading books up there, novels, biographies, WMA books, and my wife's eclectic collection of semientertaining engineering and business books.  Textbooks and notes from college and what not will be in a bookshelf in the basement as they are rarely perused.  The library will hopefully be a comfortable, pleasant place to crack open a book.  First things first, the pink paint has got to go!

Sir William:
Not yet...but our plan is, when we buy our next house, is to build up a library.  I have books everywhere, stashed in suitcases, wooden boxes, bookshelves, nightstands...they're everywhere.  One day.

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Paladin on 2010-09-16, 20:43:53 ---Not yet...but our plan is, when we buy our next house, is to build up a library.  I have books everywhere, stashed in suitcases, wooden boxes, bookshelves, nightstands...they're everywhere.  One day.

--- End quote ---

Yep, me too. My house is full of books I've never read (sadly). But the armor and weapons are what I'd really like to display properly. I need an armory room.

Sir Wolf:
hahaha ya we're all in the same boat. I am currently helping a friend turn a little unusable room into a family library/media center. he did have a space designed for his suit of armour, but that got nixed cause he needed the book space. buts it's cool cause he NEEDED the book space hehehe. it's gonna be nice, he's designed it all out with trim on the fronts etc. every section though has to be custom due to the floor was poured at an angle in case of water etc (ug that takes lots of time) plus the room has 2 slanted walls making that multiple cuts for each shelf. I'll get pictures when its done. we're about 1/3 of the way done the shelves and he's about out of wood.

Sir Edward:

Man, when we get a new house, we might have to hire you to come out and help us make the place nice. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version