Main > The Library

since this is a library forum

<< < (3/4) > >>

Sir Wolf:
sure, u just have to baby sit ;) HAHAHAHAHAHAHA which is worse? you watching the kids or the kids watching you? hahahha jkjkjk

sure. I'll help you out man, its not hard. design is everything. wishing we could have made some hidden compartments and such in Sir Ace's room, but there wasn't any real place to do it.

Sir Edward:

If I could build my dream house (castle), I'd have a hinged bookcase that hides the armory's entrance. That would be cool.

Sir William:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2010-09-16, 23:57:53 ---
--- Quote from: Paladin on 2010-09-16, 20:43:53 ---Not yet...but our plan is, when we buy our next house, is to build up a library.  I have books everywhere, stashed in suitcases, wooden boxes, bookshelves, nightstands...they're everywhere.  One day.

--- End quote ---

Yep, me too. My house is full of books I've never read (sadly). But the armor and weapons are what I'd really like to display properly. I need an armory room.

--- End quote ---

I WISH I had that many books I haven't read...no, these hundreds have already been read, usually more than once.  In some cases, dozens of times (like LOTR for instance).  I like the idea of a hinged  bookcase although I'd probably just use that as a secret entrance.  To what, I dunno...just seems cool.  lol

Sir Edward:

Yeah, most of my books are unread. I buy them, but I find it almost impossible to work up the motivation to just sit down and read. I'm too easily distracted and read slowly.

The secret entrance to the armory is what I've been keeping in mind, but I'd consider even less practical options. For instance, when I moved into my current house, they left a spare door sitting in the garage, and my plan (though I never actually did it) was to install it into a random wall in the house somewhere, and put faux brick behind it. So you can open this door that leads to nowhere. :)

Sir William:
LMAO

Oh that'd be classic, especially with kids!  You tell'm its the entrance to Narnia or something like that, and you have to be really, really good, really, really special in order to gain admittance.  Here's the trick- they have to wait until the door deems them worthy of entering, so they just have to stay there and keep checking until they're allowed through!

I know that's mean, but hey...we gotta mess w/them on occasion, don't we?  ;)

OR, even better, you could say it is the entrance to the new in-law suite of the house!  I think I'd do something like that.  lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version