Main > The Armoury

new armour

<< < (3/7) > >>

Sir Wolf:
if you look at Celtic and other pre-roman mail (yes even in Europe) finds you will see where it is labeled butted. BUT thats why i said BUT it being revamped now. some are in fact riveted with copper rivets that show up on xrays. some are still too corroded to tell on the ceremonial stuff

Sir Brian:
Thanks for the clarification Das Bill and Sir Wolf! I had intended to get the 1/2 sleeve Haubergeon since it is a "stock" item and if I got a long sleeves it would probably end up being wide enough to be mistaken for a pair of chausses!  :D

I may have to move on this quickly before they are no longer in stock or raise the price again, but if I do buy this it will definately be my biggest and last purchase of this season!  :-\

Sir Edward:

Yes, the pricing on these has gotten pretty reasonable, and it's hard to beat it as "off the shelf" armor. Nowhere can you buy mail that's 100% accurate, not just in terms of the rings and rivets, but also the tailoring, so it's always a matter of getting "close enough" for your purposes and at a price you can afford.

Sir Brian:
And with it weighing in @ 20 lbs it won't be that bad wearing it either!  ;)

Dragonlover:
Yeah, your bucket alone weighs that! ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version