Main > The Armoury

new armour

<< < (4/7) > >>

Sir Matthew:
I went back and looked at my Maille information and realized that the butted maille I was looking at was eastern from the 18th century and ceremonial in nature.  I thougth that I had read somewhere of some patches in maille being done butted, but I could be confused or it could be that it was copper riveted.  I was pretty sure that I had read some forge welding of rings being done, but again I may be mistaken.  I haven't done much with the research into Maille since I put my Tuetonic project on hold to pursue my musketeer kit.

Sir Wolf:
wedge riveted or pin riveted will work forgot to mention that as well.

Sir Brian:
Well I went ahead and purchased that rivetted steel Haubergeon ...I got an offer I couldn't refuse!  ;)

Oh and Bill:
--- Quote ---All of the mass-produced mail is innaccurate to some degree, though much of the wedge rivetted mail is "close enough for government work".
If you examine the real stuff closely, its very clearly not up to snuff, but conidering the current options and pricing its our best bet.
--- End quote ---

You were spot on there! It's flat ring, it's rivetted with alternating solid rings and is the absolute best I'll ever be able to afford or be willing to pay for but I am very happy with it!  :)

Here is the new steel maille along with my new spaulder harness I had made at CRF the end of last season.

Sir Matthew:
Brian that Maille looks pretty darn nice, I'm gonna have to save up some cash and get me a set.

Sir Edward:
Awesome! It looks really good. I'm envious.

How comfortable is it? I know it probably weighs a bit more than your previous set. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version