Main > The Armoury

Late 12th / Early 13th Century Kit

<< < (5/5)

Sir Matthew:
I saw a gentle wearing a transitional helm Sat. at PaRF, I think it may have come from that first link posted here because he suffered from squished nose syndrome when wearing it.  I will say, however, that that style is very nice looking and you don't see many people wearing them.  It seems most people shooting for that period stick with just a mail coif.

Sir Edward:
Oh, I decided to order one of those sword belts you've been looking at. I'm hoping it'll be here in time for Saturday.

It turns out that the double-wrap belt I bought last year has a design flaw. I never got around to using it, but looked at it for opening weekend and discovered that the way the belt comes together onto the frog, it wants to hold the sword perfectly vertical! Gah! So I'm trying this one you're thinking of getting, in the hopes that it works better.

The simple frog I used a few weeks ago wasn't working well. The scabbard kept whacking my legs.

Sir Edward:

Oh yeah, those transitional helmets are pretty cool. I think it was Sal at MDRF who it looked really tight on. I'm not sure which one he bought. But here's the photo:

Sir Wolf:
any more word on this project? any pictures?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version