Main > The Armoury

All best stuff has new Stuff

<< < (2/3) > >>

Sir Nate:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2016-06-28, 15:57:34 ---It is too bad that they don't offer to tailor the elbow area...although it'd be labor intensive for them, it would be nice for us, no?  ;)

--- End quote ---
you could put in a personal request. I asked nitin to add tapering to my sleeves and he did, no extra charge. That was 2 years ago though.

Sir William:

--- Quote from: Naythan on 2016-06-30, 02:27:51 ---
--- Quote from: Sir William on 2016-06-28, 15:57:34 ---It is too bad that they don't offer to tailor the elbow area...although it'd be labor intensive for them, it would be nice for us, no?  ;)

--- End quote ---
you could put in a personal request. I asked nitin to add tapering to my sleeves and he did, no extra charge. That was 2 years ago though.

--- End quote ---

He's very good about that and did the same for me, but a taper doesn't allow for the bent elbow.  I know that it bound up the arm uncomfortably if I tried to make a curling motion- which could possibly interfere with my beverage intake ability.

Sir Patrick:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2016-07-07, 17:42:54 ---
--- Quote from: Naythan on 2016-06-30, 02:27:51 ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

He's very good about that and did the same for me, but a taper doesn't allow for the bent elbow.  I know that it bound up the arm uncomfortably if I tried to make a curling motion- which could possibly interfere with my beverage intake ability.

--- End quote ---

That happened to mine. Nitin did send me several hundred rings and rivets as well as some assembled mail to fix the problem. Since I'm leaning 14th century transitional now, I may just slit the elbow/forearm area since the effigies show that over the vambrace anyway.

Ian:

--- Quote from: Sir Patrick on 2016-07-10, 21:46:07 ---That happened to mine. Nitin did send me several hundred rings and rivets as well as some assembled mail to fix the problem. Since I'm leaning 14th century transitional now, I may just slit the elbow/forearm area since the effigies show that over the vambrace anyway.

--- End quote ---

That's a heck of a lot easier than tailoring in elbow pockets and armpit gussets. :)  The slit might even alleviate some of the shoulder binding since the whole arm can effectively slide up as your raise your arms overhead.  With a tight sleeve, since it can't slide freely, the armpit gussets become more of a necessity to free-up the shoulder.  Taper alone eliminates bingo wings, but it can introduce more binding at the elbow and shoulder.  Then again, bingo wings bind at the elbow too just by the sheer excess mass of rings in the way of movement.  Isn't mail fun??

Thorsteinn:

--- Quote from: Ian on 2016-07-11, 16:26:56 ---That's a heck of a lot easier than tailoring in elbow pockets and armpit gussets. :)  The slit might even alleviate some of the shoulder binding since the whole arm can effectively slide up as your raise your arms overhead.  With a tight sleeve, since it can't slide freely, the armpit gussets become more of a necessity to free-up the shoulder.  Taper alone eliminates bingo wings, but it can introduce more binding at the elbow and shoulder.  Then again, bingo wings bind at the elbow too just by the sheer excess mass of rings in the way of movement.  Isn't mail fun??

--- End quote ---

Nice to know I've got a project ahead when I get mail. Joy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version