"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
                -- Edmund Burke

Author Topic: Looking to sell cap-a-pie crusader riveted maille shirt  (Read 9587 times)

Crusaderfacerx

• New Forum Member
Hey guys, I'm selling my 8mm riveted maille shirt, dome rivets flat ring alternating flat washers. they were "16 gauge" rings if you can measure the gauge beforehand and it has been tailored in the arms and the coif is also tailored and has a built in ventail and also has integral leather mittens. I would include a bunch of rings and rivets and also leather to line the ventail.

What is a fair price to ask for such a piece and reasonable offers would be welcome. I'm 5'9 and weigh 180 and I feel it can fit someone a little bit larger and obviously someone smaller. I can take exact measurements if there is enough interest.

Thanks for the help!

« Last Edit: 2015-08-07, 22:04:56 by Crusaderfacerx »

Sir Ulrich

• Squire of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
Re: Looking to sell cap-a-pie crusader riveted maille shirt
« Reply #1 on: 2015-08-08, 07:13:18 »
God if I didnt already have my new one I would of probably went for this. I payed about 490 for a full set of maille with the chasses. Chausses alone are about 180 so I'd say around 400 bucks would be a fair asking price for this maybe a little more if you worked on this yourself. Yours looks quite nice honestly hope whoever buys it would use it well.

Sampf

• Forum Member
  • New Hampshire Knight
« Reply #2 on: 2015-08-08, 19:43:17 »
All this not having money is really really getting to me
Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?

Sir Rodney

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Inquit Corvus
    • The Mercenary Company Nevermore
« Reply #3 on: 2015-08-16, 03:48:24 »

Have patience.

Save up your hard earned cash for the right purchase.  Don’t be impatient like me (and many others) and squander your money on ill fitting armour.   ;)
"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." - Roger the Shrubber

Lord Dane

• The Hound, Hunter, and Hammer of Justice
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Selflessness, Service, Justice.
« Reply #4 on: 2015-08-16, 11:52:14 »

Have patience.

Save up your hard earned cash for the right purchase.  Don’t be impatient like me (and many others) and squander your money on ill fitting armour.   ;)

Exactly. Just like when you get your first Albion out of the box and display the pics on here for the other shop-a-holics to drool over .. you can say, "See what happens when you wait." Then they comment in compliments to you (as they plan deviously behind your back how to rob you of your newly acquired toy at the next outing because the wife said I cannot spend anymore money on my own toys). Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!! :)
"Fides, Honos, Prudentia, Sapiencia" (Faith, Honor, Prudence, Wisdom)
"Fiat justitia ruat caelum" (Let justice be done)

Sampf

• Forum Member
  • New Hampshire Knight
« Reply #5 on: 2015-12-08, 22:02:23 »
haha
Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #6 on: 2015-12-10, 18:38:06 »
What's your asking price?  Also, measurements would be useful.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€