Main > The Armoury

ABS maille and improving my kit.

<< < (6/9) > >>

Sir Ulrich:
I just payed up for it, cost me 490 dollars. Good price for all the stuff honestly. Cant wait to get it but not sure when I will.  Went for the separate coif cause I plan to cut the avantail up to be square rather than round. Hopefully 12 inches of tapering will be enough as theres no way to tailor it with the mittens added. But 490 for a full suit is really a good deal, less than what I payed for for you current suit.

Sir Nate:

--- Quote from: Sir Ulrich on 2015-03-02, 22:58:24 ---I just payed up for it, cost me 490 dollars. Good price for all the stuff honestly. Cant wait to get it but not sure when I will.  Went for the separate coif cause I plan to cut the avantail up to be square rather than round. Hopefully 12 inches of tapering will be enough as theres no way to tailor it with the mittens added. But 490 for a full suit is really a good deal, less than what I payed for for you current suit.

--- End quote ---
I hope everything fits alright.

Sir Ulrich:
The package is shipping apparently I got free shipping too which is a rarity.. One 24 pound box and another 20 pound box. Apparently the hauberk alone doesn't weigh 45 pounds, he meant the complete set was 45 pounds. 24+20=44 so the sizing must've taken off a pound of steel. So I can deal with a 24 pound hauberk just fine, my guess for the reason mine will weigh less than Nate's is that mine has those flat alternating rings in it that brings the weight down due to them not being made of as much thick metal. I dunno what I was thinking when I thought I could handle a 45 pound hauberk. I must've been insane or something.... I dont think historical maille even weighed that much. Most historical maille was around 24-35 pounds in weight depending on ring size. I will be updating this soon once the package arrives.

Sir William:
The weight depends on the shirt itself- even historical counterparts will have some variance unless they were made by the same armorer in the same frame of time.  As for how much one weighed over another, hard to tell for me as I can only go off of what's published.  I think the shipping weight might be guesstimated- I can't imagine a coif weighing 20lbs.  Unless you're also getting chausses- I could see the box being closer to that weight then.

Sir Ulrich:
Yeah I did get chausses with the coif.  Plan on cutting the coif's avantail to be square too. Dont really like round ones much though I did get the full set cause it would be cheaper to get it now and take advantage of the free shipping they threw in than order later.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version