Main > The Great Hall

Jericho the freelancer here

<< < (5/10) > >>

Thorsteinn:
Fun fact: Barbarian, from the Greek Barbaros(βάρβαρος / βάρβαροι), meant "One who does not speak Greek" as all the other tongues were just babbling thus "Bar Bar" which is a nonsensical syllable in Greek as that is, to them, what all other non-civilized folks were saying.

FreelancerJericho:
Oh.  BTW I was going to get the stuff from a site, medievalcollictibles.com but before I do I want to know if their "function armour" is worth it. I just got my first job at DQ and I start next week, and I don't want to buy a bunch of non usable armor.

Aiden of Oreland:
I recommend kultofathena instead, it a more reliable site to buy stuff from. They usually have a good description of the product and keep it at a good price. They are also quick and honest in responses to any emails you send to them. I believe its safe to say that me, and many others, would not recommend medievalcollectibles to purchase stuff from. The best place is from perhaps an actual armorer. Also, it depends on what you plan to use the armor for. Is this for reenactment, SCA, or just to look cool!

You can browse around a bit:http://www.kultofathena.com

I have purchased many things from there and have been satisfied with their products. But it also depends on the maker of the product, for that can affect the quality of it.

If I may say, its best if you purchase the necessary under garmets first, for that will allow you to build up your kit. It also helps with measurements, that way you know the size armor you need to fit on your gambeson and other padded arming ware.

Sir Nate:
Welcome to the forum!

FreelancerJericho:
I checked out kult of Athena and the sell a lot of the same stuff. Medievalcollectibles seems to just have a wider variety.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version