Main > The Great Hall

Jericho the freelancer here

<< < (6/10) > >>

Thorsteinn:

--- Quote ---I don't want to buy a bunch of non usable armor.
--- End quote ---

There is the question "What are you going to use it for?"

FreelancerJericho:
I want to be able to wear it for reenactments, but for that it has to be my size and I of course atleast want to walk in it, its got to be flexible to a point. I want to do sword/shield sparring, but its highly questionable if I even will.

Thorsteinn:
How old are you? Where are you? Do you have any physical limitations? How much are you looking to spend? Are you adept at making things or willing to learn?

FreelancerJericho:
18 :( ,Huffman TX, long story but my right foot is a bit messed up and will be for a while, 3000 and I'm definitely willing to learn.

Sir Rodney:
Just outside Austin Texas is the shop of Therion Arms.  I recommend checking out Hal Siegel’s shop as he’s well known in the industry and has a great reputation.

The previous recommendation for KOA is solid as well.  They are great people with rock solid customer service.

Also take a look at Windrose Armoury out of Snowflake, Arizona.  I’ve done a lot of business over the years with them and find their products and customer service to be top notch.

Everyone on this forum is very helpful and will go out of their way to give you tips.  The most important of which is “take your time.”  You may have money burning a hole in your pocket, but resist the urge to splurge.  Take a step back, look around, talk to people locally, find an SCA group, find a HEMA group, and put together a plan.  Read books from your local library, on line, or borrow from a friend.  There are great reference lists on this forum as well as others.  I know it doesn’t sound exciting, but the end result will be better.   :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version