Main > The Armoury

My new dagger!

<< < (3/3)

Ian:

--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2014-07-12, 17:04:26 ---It was rubbing alcohol which Frank Ireson from Viking Leathercrafts recommended to me when my new boots I just purchased from him were a little too snug. The alcohol stretched the leather so it actually molded itself to my feet. It worked so well I used the same method on my Frankenstein gauntlets that were a little too snug as well. Now they fit like a dream. I hadn’t noticed any adverse effects on the leather as yet.   :-\

--- End quote ---

If Frank says it's ok, it's probably ok.  He's a professional.  I would still recommend oiling it from time to time, especially on high wear things.  A lot of modern leather products are sealed and partially waterproofed, medieval stuff is much more susceptible to the elements, so a lot of leather care is dependent on how the leather was finished.

Sir Brian:

--- Quote from: Ian on 2014-07-13, 02:39:26 ---If Frank says it's ok, it's probably ok.  He's a professional.  I would still recommend oiling it from time to time, especially on high wear things.  A lot of modern leather products are sealed and partially waterproofed, medieval stuff is much more susceptible to the elements, so a lot of leather care is dependent on how the leather was finished.
--- End quote ---

Absolutely a must! Got to give the leather some love every now and then! ... uh, that kind of read like an opening a 'Fifty Shades of Grey' book review! :P

Sir Patrick:

--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2014-07-13, 10:18:01 ---Absolutely a must! Got to give the leather some love every now and then! ... uh, that kind of read like an opening a 'Fifty Shades of Grey' book review! :P

--- End quote ---

Especially if taken in conjunction with that infamous other post about your "hot" leather pants ;)

Sir Rodney:

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2014-07-12, 13:11:59 ---wait, wasnt there a us dealer that carried that dagger?

--- End quote ---

You may be thinking of a very similar, yet not exactly the same, model that used to be carried by KOA.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version