Main > The Library

2 excellent Plantagenet Books!

<< < (2/3) > >>

Don Jorge:
Hapsbergs all the way? Sorry I am biased...one of my favorite professors taught a whole class on them...

Ian:

--- Quote from: Sir Nate on 2014-04-05, 22:12:26 ---Do These books at all cover how the kings of that time Lived? Daily lives and things of that sort. Ive recently Decided I need to Learn more on medieval culture and overall Lifestyle, Not just Crusades, Battles in Eras, Arms and armor, etc.
Ill also get these to expand my knowledge of Kings of that time.

--- End quote ---

For material culture and daily lives of all three estates (if you're unfamiliar, the three estates of medieval culture are the Nobility, the Church and Everyone Else), I would recommend these two books for Anglo-Centric 14th c study:

Daily Life in Chaucer's England
The Time Traveler's Guide to Medieval England

Mike W.:
The books by Joseph and Francis Gies are a good introductory source. Though not written by academic historians, the books do provide a very good overview, simple, and short.

Sir Nate:

--- Quote from: Ian on 2014-04-07, 15:08:23 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Nate on 2014-04-05, 22:12:26 ---Do These books at all cover how the kings of that time Lived? Daily lives and things of that sort. Ive recently Decided I need to Learn more on medieval culture and overall Lifestyle, Not just Crusades, Battles in Eras, Arms and armor, etc.
Ill also get these to expand my knowledge of Kings of that time.

--- End quote ---

For material culture and daily lives of all three estates (if you're unfamiliar, the three estates of medieval culture are the Nobility, the Church and Everyone Else), I would recommend these two books for Anglo-Centric 14th c study:

Daily Life in Chaucer's England
The Time Traveler's Guide to Medieval England

--- End quote ---

Ya, I know the life of the church back then, but have only recently brushed on nobility and commoners. I also want to know more on the cereal they had. I think I may go with the first, eventually both. Yet Im going to be working next week, Ill put it on my list.

--- Quote from: Baron de Magnan on 2014-04-07, 18:10:34 ---The books by Joseph and Francis Gies are a good introductory source. Though not written by academic historians, the books do provide a very good overview, simple, and short.

--- End quote ---

Sounds good for me.

Sir William:
The Wilson book is not available for Kindle; grrrrrr.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version