Main > The Armoury

Albion Caithness w/ C/F custom rig on ebay

<< < (2/3) > >>

Sir William:
Agreed!  lol

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2014-03-28, 17:13:05 ---
--- Quote from: Lord Dane on 2014-03-28, 17:11:27 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2014-03-27, 22:17:54 ---Concur about the price being fair considering the price of a new blade and the CF scabbards. This is a great price in the luxury of convenience and instant gratification.  ;)

--- End quote ---

Meant price compared to my wallet not the resale value. Price is reasonable.

--- End quote ---

That sentiment could be applied to all aspects of our mutual addictions!  ;)

--- End quote ---

Sigh :D

scott2978:
The rule of thumb for swords is similar to that of scopes on rifles: that you should spend as much on the scabbard as you did on the sword, relatively speaking. If you buy from one of the top two or three scabbard makers in the world, you could easily pay $2,000 for the scabbard alone, and you'd not be getting gyped! You'd be getting the Ferrari of sword scabbards.

I can say from experience that having a crummy scabbard will drag down the look of your whole harness, and having a fantastic one will do the opposite.

Scott

Sir Ulrich:
I only payed about 350 for my scabbard but it isnt bad at all. Rather simple but functional and is lined with oiled wool so I dont have to oil the blade a ton and rather accurate. I have rather ornate bronze fittings on it too. Only complaint I really have is it doesnt match my Teutonic harness due to being red and black though the grip on my sword is aged red, I plan to get a scabbard for my soon to get Ritter to remedy that problem. For now I will stick to my heraldic kit and the Teutonic one I will save for later.

Sir James A:
Following up on what Scott said, I can't find my bookmark for it, but there was a discussion of inventory records from the 15th or 16th century in which the value of the sword was less than that of the scabbard; so paying more for a scabbard than the sword is period in some instances. It's a question of does it fit your budget, generally.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version