Main > The Armoury

Albion Caithness w/ C/F custom rig on ebay

<< < (3/3)

Sir Nate:

--- Quote from: Sir James A on 2014-04-14, 02:09:56 ---Following up on what Scott said, I can't find my bookmark for it, but there was a discussion of inventory records from the 15th or 16th century in which the value of the sword was less than that of the scabbard; so paying more for a scabbard than the sword is period in some instances. It's a question of does it fit your budget, generally.

--- End quote ---

Scabbards must have been made of Gold! Or the ability to make a good sword became more and more common.

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: scott2978 on 2014-04-12, 19:35:38 ---The rule of thumb for swords is similar to that of scopes on rifles: that you should spend as much on the scabbard as you did on the sword, relatively speaking.

--- End quote ---

That rule also applies to stereo systems, that you should always spend more on the speakers than you do on the rest of the audio gear.

There are many cost-effective options out there for scabbards, but if you want something truly unique, and heirloom quality, you're going to spend more on the scabbard than on the sword. Not everyone can afford it, but to me, it's really the "right" way to go.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version