Main > The Library

Vikings (show)

<< < (2/7) > >>

Aiden of Oreland:

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2014-02-28, 00:30:03 ---i took a poop that was more period than that show

--- End quote ---

Pics or it didn't happen. Actually, never mind...

Sir Brian:

--- Quote from: Sir Aiden on 2014-02-28, 01:21:58 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2014-02-28, 00:30:03 ---i took a poop that was more period than that show

--- End quote ---

Pics or it didn't happen. Actually, never mind...

--- End quote ---

Huzzah and well done! You wins the forum today!  ;)

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Belemrys on 2014-02-28, 00:10:40 ---
--- Quote from: Thorsteinn on 2014-02-28, 00:02:33 ---You really don't want to know how much they got so very wrong.

--- End quote ---

Yep...which is why I am going to just sit down and watch without thinking too much...enjoy it like I would a movie...

--- End quote ---

Yep, this. Very much this. Don't look for history in a TV show or movie, unless it's a documentary. And even then, question it. :)

Stanislaw:
Most of what the History Channel puts out these days is purely for entertaining the masses. Sadly, Vikings fits that category.

Aiden of Oreland:
How many episodes are currently out, 3? If so I think I have only seen the 2nd & 3rd one. I wonder, is this supposed to be a mini series or is it a full length show with multiple seasons planned?

--- Quote from: Sir James A on 2014-02-28, 03:07:26 ---
--- Quote from: Belemrys on 2014-02-28, 00:10:40 ---
--- Quote from: Thorsteinn on 2014-02-28, 00:02:33 ---You really don't want to know how much they got so very wrong.

--- End quote ---

Yep...which is why I am going to just sit down and watch without thinking too much...enjoy it like I would a movie...

--- End quote ---

Yep, this. Very much this. Don't look for history in a TV show or movie, unless it's a documentary. And even then, question it. :)

--- End quote ---

This seems to be the case with most productions on any matter. But, they are always fun to watch. I know with mot movies I see the film first before I read what its actually based on. For good reason too. If I watch the movie first, I enjoy it. Then I read the book, and I enjoy it. If I do it the other way around I won't like the film as much. Except for the Percy Jackson and the Olympians. Don't watch those movies. They have the characters COMPLETELY wrong. Speaking of documentaries, I haven't watched any documentaries this month yet. Maybe I'll have a Mike Loades marathon or something. Maybe a few other things too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version