Main > The Courtyard

Longpoint 2014, MD/DC area HEMA event (classes & tournaments)

<< < (4/9) > >>

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2014-02-23, 12:08:15 ---Yeah I'll be registering later this week. I heard that you can't sign up for both the LS open steel and LS synthetic tournaments since they will be running concurrently. Bummer really, If you and Ed are going, perhaps we could bring our armor and do some Harnischfechten pickup bouts and/or help generate some greater interest in the local HEMA/WMA community?

--- End quote ---

Once I see the final schedule and whether or not I am going to Longpoint, I'll have a better grasp on that. If we are doing classes & tournament for 2 days in a row, I'm not sure how much energy I would have for armored combat - especially with the time it takes to get me in and out of armor. :) If I go just to watch, shouldn't be a problem.

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2014-02-23, 14:04:49 ---DRAT! i was gonna come down and just hang out but seems i have a ww2 event in ohio that weekend. well, i'll put it on the calender just in case i don't go

--- End quote ---

Why do you always get these things backwards? You're supposed to tell the ww2 people that you can't do that since you have a medieval event. Come on, man!  :-\

Sir Edward:

Well, they finally caught in to the fact that I tried to sign up for both Longsword competitions. I'm not sure I know which one I'd rather do. Hmmm..

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2014-02-25, 16:47:29 ---
Well, they finally caught in to the fact that I tried to sign up for both Longsword competitions. I'm not sure I know which one I'd rather do. Hmmm..

--- End quote ---

The one you can win ;)

Sir Edward:

They're working on the scheduling now, and correcting any mistakes in the tournament registrations. This looks like a pretty good sized event now.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AugyeQQDgZK4dFE4RDB3cXVsd3lUcEJyYlNLVjhpNWc&usp=drive_web#gid=0

Sir Brian:
It looks like they put you in the synthetic LS tournament. Is that the one you are going to stay with? - It is a much smaller pool than the Steel tournament.

Matt Walsh isn't listed, but he might be waiting like I am since I'm a bit unsure if I want to risk my only steel blade in those longer duels and potentially frequent buffalos that was at short point.  :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version