Main > The Armoury

Ed's c.1250-1300 kit(s)

<< < (5/56) > >>

Sir Brian:
I snapped some pictures this morning of how I mount the crest onto my
helm.
You can check them out here if you want a better idea of what I e-mailed to you a
few months back...hopefully those instructions will make a little better sense now!  ;)

http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd251/Tah908/Crest/

Sir Edward:

Awesome, thanks for posting those. It certainly gives me some ideas. I think I really need to start assembling mine... I've been putting it off, since I want to make the mantle using the remnants of the linen I bought, after making a new surcoat (I'd rather not make the mantle and then discover that I don't have enough contiguous material for the surcoat). Since a surcoat takes several hours to put together, I just haven't made the time for it. Then again, I can just cut the pieces out, and make it later.

Sir Brian:
I know exactly what you mean...My current mantle is a second attempt. Assembling
the crest mounting was actually fairly easy and quick...figuring out how to arrange
the mantle and what to do with the torse ends took longer and eventually required
Rosemary's keen perspective of what is fashionable to get it right.  ;)

Sir Edward:
Well, I took a first stab at the mantle tonight. I'll probably do a nicer job on one again later, but I can use this for VARF on Saturday. It's held in place with some subtle magnets:

(all are clicky)

Sir Brian:
The mantle is looking good ED! I really like the zagged stitching...though it sure gobbles up the
thread! I almost ran out of my metalic gold thread when I did mine.  :-\

Did you make any progress on the torse? ... or were you going to wait and backwards engineer
it from mine?  ;)

I'll bring some of the rope batting I used on mine just in case!  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version